No more MRA in the UK?

Discussion in 'Multi-Room Audio (MRA) and MARPA' started by stonecoldbossman, May 6, 2011.

1. stonecoldbossman

stonecoldbossman

I am half way through an installation of CBUS in my own home and have just found out that Clipsal are no longer supplying MRA products in the UK, that means everything I have invested so far in my CBUS installation was a complete waste of time and money, I have also purchased the beginnings of a CBUS installation for a friend?s house, again a complete waste of money as they also require MRA.

I have a few questions if anyone could help.

1. Can I purchase Australian MRA equipment and ship to the UK as they are not supplying in the UK

2. I had planned to start a business designing and installing CBUS in the UK wich is why I did my own house to start but am now reconsidering this as it feels that gradually CBUS in the UK will just drain away? anyone else in the UK feel this?

3. Is there a viable alternative to CBUS in the UK?

It hasn?t really sunk in yet the fact that I have spent so much money and effort on an installation that I cannot finish now but if anyone had any opinions on the above I would be very grateful

Lee Springthorpe.

stonecoldbossman, May 6, 2011
  2. stonecoldbossman

Aaron

Sorry, what are MRA products?:confused:

Aaron, May 6, 2011
  3. stonecoldbossman

Aaron

Found it - Multi Room Audio :D

Aaron, May 6, 2011
  4. stonecoldbossman

alexdski

Integration is the keyword - The best is never the same!!

Just my tuppence but I also have C-Bused my home here in the UK, I did this as I wanted what I felt was best of breed home automation.

I'm fairly confident that I have that, but I can assure you we brits are not losing out by not being able to purchase Clipsal's MRA offering as it is not even approaching best of breed.

I don't want to mention exactly what I've got for fear of breaking forum rules but if you are considering setting up a business in the field I'm sure your own research will be fruitful.

There is windows based automation solution that can talk c-bus, use this with a PACA and you have independent C-bus automation for lighting/ heating (where c-bus exels), and a seperate integrated automation and media solution for everything else.

Feel free to email and I can give you more details.

alexdski, May 17, 2011
  5. stonecoldbossman

stonecoldbossman

Thanks for your reply I have tried to email you.

Hi Alexdski,

Thanks for your reply I have emailed but my account doesn?t show it in the sent list can you confirm you have received.

Thanks in advance

stonecoldbossman, May 20, 2011
  6. stonecoldbossman

Conformist

Hi Lee

You shouldn't have needed to post on the forums to get action but it has worked! After a degree of follow up, the UK office will be including the C-Bus MRA in the offer. This is a welcome relief to the many staff who put a lot of effort into providing a complete offer to the market.

If you have any further issues, please feel free to PM me

Cheers

Conformist, May 20, 2011
Ask a Question