NIRT's and Mitsibishi A/C cassette units

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ianr, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Ianr

Ianr

Hi,

I've been experiencing a few problems getting NIRT's to work with Mitsubishi Electric Cassette units. When intially learning the codes from the Mitsi remote 067CP the IR reader software kept on coming up with an error "Errors:1 unique interval", I was told to ignore this and carry on, which I did. The NIRT's and IR teardrops were duly installed and did not work. I have made up a test lead with an LED to check that there is an output to the IR teardrop and this appears to be OK, as 3 of these units are installed in the feild I do not think that 3 x IR tear drops would be defunct. Any information regarding this problem would be helpful as I currently do not know whether it is a problem with the carrier frequency or pulse/pauses or the command strings learnt from the remote controller.

Ianr, Aug 26, 2005
  2. Ianr

Newman

Ian

Can you tell us which versions of Circa and IR Reader you are using? Also, putting the learned XML file up on the forum would enable us to have a look for anything abnormal there.

Newman, Aug 26, 2005
  3. Ianr

Ianr

Hi Newman,

I had originally used Circa v1.1 and IR reader 1.1.
    We had the Clipsal C-Bus rep in the other day and he recommended upgrading IR reader, so I have done so to v1.2.0.
    I have now re-learned the remote codes through v1.2.0 and the following is the XML code (truncated so that I could fit the carrier frequency and frames detail at the bottom). I have as yet not been back onsite and downloaded this new coding to the NIRT's but if you could have a quick look and see if anything looks amiss that would be great before heading to site.

Cheers Ian

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    - <!-- IR TRANSMITTER SOURCE DATA
    -->
    - <!-- Created by Circa on 9, August, 2005 at 10:2
    -->
    <!DOCTYPE Device (View Source for full doctype...)>
    - <Device>
    <Name>Air Conditioner_Mitsubishi</Name>
    - <ProtocolDef>
    <Name />
    <CarrierFreq />
    <FrameRate />
    <Format />
    <MinFrames />
    <MaxFrames />
    <PFrames />
    <Vocabulary />
    </ProtocolDef>
    - <Manufacturers>
    - <Manufacturer>
    <Name>Mitsubishi</Name>
    - <Models>
    - <Model>
    <Name />
    <VariantName />
    </Model>
    </Models>
    - <Variants>
    - <Variant>
    <Name>Cassette unit</Name>
    <Protocol>Mitsubishi067cp</Protocol>
    <Sources />
    - <IRCommands>
    - <IRCommand>
    <Name>Auto High 19C</Name>
    <IconName />
    <Continuous />
    - <Frames>
    - <Frame>
    <Name>i</Name>
    <IRCode>DcAbAbAaAaAaAbAaAaAbAbAaAbAaAaAbAbAaAbAbAaAaAbAaAaAbAaAaAaAaAbAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAbAaAbAbAaAaAbAbAaAaAbAbAbAaAaAaAbAbAaAaAbAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAbAbAbAbAbAbAaAbAaAaAbAbAaAaAbAbAaAaAaAbAbAbAaAaAbAbAaAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbA</IRCode>
    </Frame>
    </Frames>
    </IRCommand>
    - <IRCommand>
    <Name>Auto High 20C</Name>
    <IconName />
    <Continuous />
    - <Frames>
    - <Frame>
    <Name>i</Name>
    <IRCode>DcAbAbAaAaAaAbAaAaAbAbAaAbAaAaAbAbAaAbAbAaAaAbAaAaAbAaAaAaAaAbAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAbAaAbAbAaAaAaAaAbAaAbAbAbAaAaAaAbAbAaAaAbAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAbAbAbAbAbAbAaAbAaAaAbAbAbAbAaAbAaAaAaAbAbAbAaAaAbAbAaAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbA</IRCode>
    </Frame>
    </Frames>
    </IRCommand>
    - <IRCommand>
    <Name>Auto High 21C</Name>
    <IconName />
    <Continuous />
    - <Frames>
    - <Frame>
    <Name>i</Name>
    <IRCode>DcAbAbAaAaAaAbAaAaAbAbAaAbAaAaAbAbAaAbAbAaAaAbAaAaAbAaAaAaAaAbAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAbAaAbAbAaAaAbAaAbAaAbAbAbAaAaAaAbAbAaAaAbAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAbAbAbAbAbAbAaAbAaAaAbAbAaAbAaAbAaAaAaAbAbAbAaAaAbAbAaAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbA</IRCode>
    </Frame>
    </Frames>
    </IRCommand>
    - <IRCommand>
    <Name>Auto High 22C</Name>
    <IconName />
    <Continuous />
    - <Frames>
    - <Frame>
    <Name>i</Name>
    <IRCode>DcAbAbAaAaAaAbAaAaAbAbAaAbAaAaAbAbAaAbAbAaAaAbAaAaAbAaAaAaAaAbAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAbAaAbAbAaAaAaAbAbAaAbAbAbAaAaAaAbAbAaAaAbAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAbAbAbAbAbAbAaAbAaAaAbAbAbAaAaAbAaAaAaAbAbAbAaAaAbAbAaAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbA</IRCode>
    </Frame>
    </Frames>
    </IRCommand>
    - <IRCommand>
    <Name>Auto High 23C</Name>
    <IconName />
    <Continuous />
    - <Frames>
    - <Frame>
    <Name>i</Name>
    <IRCode>DcAbAbAaAaAaAbAaAaAbAbAaAbAaAaAbAbAaAbAbAaAaAbAaAaAbAaAaAaAaAbAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAbAaAbAbAaAaAbAbAbAaAbAbAbAaAaAaAbAbAaAaAbAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAbAbAbAbAbAbAaAbAaAaAbAbAaAaAaAbAaAaAaAbAbAbAaAaAbAbAaAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbA</IRCode>
    </Frame>
    </Frames>
    </IRCommand>
    - <IRCommand>
    <Name>Auto Low 19C</Name>
    <IconName />
    <Continuous />
    - <Frames>
    - <Frame>
    <Name>i</Name>
    <IRCode>DcAbAbAaAaAaAbAaAaAbAbAaAbAaAaAbAbAaAbAbAaAaAbAaAaAbAaAaAaAaAbAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAbAaAbAbAaAaAbAbAaAaAbAbAaAaAaAaAbAbAaAaAbAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAbAbAbAbAbAbAaAbAaAaAbAbAaAaAbAbAaAaAbAbAbAbAaAaAbAbAaAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbA</IRCode>
    </Frame>
    </Frames>
    </IRCommand>
    - <IRCommand>
    <Name>Auto Low 20C</Name>
    <IconName />
    <Continuous />
    - <Frames>
    - <Frame>
    <Name>i</Name>
    <IRCode>DcAbAbAaAaAaAbAaAaAbAbAaAbAaAaAbAbAaAbAbAaAaAbAaAaAbAaAaAaAaAbAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAbAaAbAbAaAaAaAaAbAaAbAbAaAaAaAaAbAbAaAaAbAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAbAbAbAbAbAbAaAbAaAaAbAbAbAbAaAbAaAaAbAbAbAbAaAaAbAbAaAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbA</IRCode>
    </Frame>
    </Frames>
    </IRCommand>
    - <IRCommand>
    <Name>Auto Low 21C</Name>
    <IconName />
    <Continuous />
    - <Frames>
    - <Frame>
    <Name>i</Name>
    <IRCode>DcAbAbAaAaAaAbAaAaAbAbAaAbAaAaAbAbAaAbAbAaAaAbAaAaAbAaAaAaAaAbAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAbAaAbAbAaAaAbAaAbAaAbAbAaAaAaAaAbAbAaAaAbAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAbAbAbAbAbAbAaAbAaAaAbAbAaAbAaAbAaAaAbAbAbAbAaAaAbAbAaAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbA</IRCode>
    </Frame>
    </Frames>
    </IRCommand>
    - <IRCommand>
    <Name>Auto Low 22C</Name>
    <IconName />
    <Continuous />
    - <Frames>
    - <Frame>
    <Name>i</Name>
    <IRCode>DcAbAbAaAaAaAbAaAaAbAbAaAbAaAaAbAbAaAbAbAaAaAbAaAaAbAaAaAaAaAbAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAbAaAbAbAaAaAaAbAbAaAbAbAaAaAaAaAbAbAaAaAbAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAbAbAbAbAbAbAaAbAaAaAbAbAbAaAaAbAaAaAbAbAbAbAaAaAbAbAaAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbA</IRCode>
    </Frame>
    </Frames>
    </IRCommand>
    - <IRCommand>
    <Name>Auto Low 23C</Name>
    <IconName />
    <Continuous />
    - <Frames>
    - <Frame>
    <Name>i</Name>
    <IRCode>DcAbAbAaAaAaAbAaAaAbAbAaAbAaAaAbAbAaAbAbAaAaAbAaAaAbAaAaAaAaAbAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAbAaAbAbAaAaAbAbAbAaAbAbAaAaAaAaAbAbAaAaAbAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAbAbAbAbAbAbAaAbAaAaAbAbAaAaAaAbAaAaAbAbAbAbAaAaAbAbAaAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbA</IRCode>
    </Frame>
    </Frames>
    </IRCommand>
    - <IRCommand>
    <Name>Heating High 20C</Name>
    <IconName />
    <Continuous />
    - <Frames>
    - <Frame>
    <Name>i</Name>
    <IRCode>DcAbAbAaAaAaAbAaAaAbAbAaAbAaAaAbAbAaAbAbAaAaAbAaAaAbAaAaAaAaAbAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAbAaAaAbAaAaAaAaAbAaAbAbAbAaAaAaAbAbAaAaAbAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAbAbAbAbAbAbAaAbAbAaAbAbAbAbAaAbAaAaAaAbAbAbAaAaAbAbAaAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbA</IRCode>
    </Frame>
    </Frames>
    </IRCommand>
    </IRCommands>
    </Variant>
    </Variants>
    <Models>
    <Model>
    <Name />
    <VariantName />
    </Model>
    </Models>
    </Manufacturer>
    </Manufacturers>
    <!-- Protocol -->
    <ProtocolDef>
    <Name>Mitsubishi067cp</Name>
    <CarrierFreq>37736</CarrierFreq>
    <FrameRate>100</FrameRate>
    <Format>i</Format>
    <Pframes>
    <Pframe>
    <Name>i</Name>
    <Type>Data</Type>
    </Pframe>
    </Pframes>
    <MinFrames>1</MinFrames>
    <MaxFrames>1</MaxFrames>
    <Vocabulary>
    <VocabularyElement>
    <Name>A</Name>
    <Duration>400</Duration>
    </VocabularyElement>
    <VocabularyElement>
    <Name>B</Name>
    <Duration>1200</Duration>
    </VocabularyElement>
    <VocabularyElement>
    <Name>C</Name>
    <Duration>1589</Duration>
    </VocabularyElement>
    <VocabularyElement>
    <Name>D</Name>
    <Duration>3227</Duration>
    </VocabularyElement>
    </Vocabulary>
    </ProtocolDef>
    </Device>

Ianr, Aug 28, 2005
  4. Ianr

Newman

Ian

Hmm, looks a little messed up. Can you post the file as an attachement? Suspect there might be some sut-and-paste errors in that file.

IR Reader 1.2 does alleviate some problems with Air Conditioner codes that are very long, e.g. some Daikin, and is generally more reliable when capturing the IR codes.

Newman, Aug 29, 2005
  5. Ianr

Ianr

Hi Newman,

I have attached the .xml file as a .txt file to enable uploading to the forum please rename file extension when viewing.
    I have used IR reader v1.2.0 to create this file.

Thanks Ian

Attached Files:

Ianr, Aug 29, 2005
  6. Ianr

Richo

That looks like a Circa Project file rather than a IR Reader device file.

Richo, Aug 29, 2005
  7. Ianr

Newman

Yes, this is a Circa project file and, on it's own, not of much use. Can you upload the file that was created by the IR Reader software?

Newman, Aug 29, 2005
  8. Ianr

Ianr

Hi Newman,

Could you please tell me what file you need and where this file might be found?

Ian

Ianr, Aug 29, 2005
  9. Ianr

Richo

The file you originally pasted into the thread earlier is the correct file, but the file you attached later was not the same file. If you could attached the file you originally pasted parts of in to the earlier message.

The confusing thing is they both have the extension .xml.

Richo, Aug 29, 2005
  10. Ianr

Newman

When you use the IR Reader software you are required to save a file that contains the IR codes you have just learned. This file is stored in the "C:\Clipsal\Circa\ImportDataIn" directory, assuming that you installed to the default spot.
    To use the created file you need to create a Library that includes the codes you've just learned. Within Circa you use the "Import IR Device Files" option in the File menu and make sure that the file you created (using IR Reader) is in the "Selected Files" list.

Go and grab the file you created using the IR Reader software from this directory.

Newman, Aug 29, 2005
  11. Ianr

Richo

I'm so glad I'm working to remove all this confusion from the new Circa. :D

Richo, Aug 30, 2005
  12. Ianr

Ianr

OK here it is (hopefully).

Ian

Attached Files:

Ianr, Aug 30, 2005
  13. Ianr

Richo

Hi Ian,

That's the right file. Thanks for that.

The problem is that the IR Codes are too long for Circa 1.x to handle. We are aware of this issue and expect to have it resolved for Circa V2. This unfortunately is still a few months away.

The file you attached, created by IR Reader, is fine. It is just that Circa V1 is unable to handle IR codes of that length. There is no problem with the Nirt unit, it will be able to handle those commands once Circa V2 is released.

Currently there is no work around available. :(

Richo, Aug 30, 2005
  14. Ianr

Ianr

Thanks for all your help.
    I will advise the client that a software upgrade will be out in a few months and will resolve the problem. I will leave the gear in till then and try again with the new v2 software.

Ian

Ianr, Aug 30, 2005
  15. Ianr

Nick Mullins

New Circa Please

:) Gday Richo,
    Since the topic has poped up . Can we expect to see the new Toolkit compatible CIRCA befor the release of the distributed audio .I Heard that it will be held back and they will be released together

Nick Mullins, Aug 30, 2005
  16. Ianr

Richo

The Multi-room Audio software (Marpa) will be completed before Circa 2. Marpa basically contains all of Circa V2 + Multi-room Audio stuff. Once Marpa is complete I will be looking to complete Circa 2 (hopefully shouldn't be much more work as the bulk will be completed as part of Marpa).

As to when Multi-room Audio is released I can't say. If Marpa is complete, but the release is held back because of firmware/hardware issues (unlikely) then there is a chance I could complete Circa V2 and release before Marpa is released. Circa V2 has the benefit of not relying on hardware/firmware products and only needs to pass the test and verification team (sometime easier said than done). But since they will have tested and verified 90% of the Circa V2 functionality as part of Marpa testing (which is in full swing) I'm expecting it to be a short test cycle.

Richo, Aug 30, 2005
Ask a Question