NIRT not responding to control

Discussion in 'Infrared (NIRT, IR Reader) and CIRCA' started by chrispay, Jun 21, 2011.

1. chrispay

chrispay

Hi,

I've been trying to get my NIRT working, but nothing seems to happen.

I have set up and downloaded a project from CIRCA to the NIRT, have tested the IR Code which works when tested from CIRCA.

But whenever I set a button on a keypad, or a button on the CTouch screen, it never triggers the NIRT!

Anyone got any idea what is going wrong?

chrispay, Jun 21, 2011
  2. chrispay

Newman

Connect to your C-Bus network using the Diagnostic Utility and then go and press the button on the switch. This will tell you the command that the switch is sending out onto the network when you press the button. Then correlate that with what you've got in your CIRCA project to see if they're the same.

Newman, Jun 22, 2011
  3. chrispay

chrispay

Yep the expected cbus command is triggered when I click the switch.

I have been having lots of problems uploading to the NIRT, 9 times out of 10 i get this errir 'Error writing to unit when trying to clear memory' but then occasionally my project says it has uploaded ok, is there anyway to prove this?

Once the project is uploaded, no matter what I seem to do I cant get the unit to trigger an IR command.

chrispay, Jun 22, 2011
  4. chrispay

Newman

If you are having problems downloading to the NIRT then it's quite likely that it's not being programmed correctly.

Are you using the USB or the Serial version of the programming cable?
    If you're using the serial cable, do you have an RS-232 extension connected to it?
    Are the silver pins on the connector facing the back-side of the unit?
    Does the test function from within CIRCA work reliably?
    Are you using the latest CIRCA (2.6.1)?

Newman, Jun 22, 2011
Ask a Question