NIRT loosing IR codes

Discussion in 'Infrared (NIRT, IR Reader) and CIRCA' started by Kelty, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Kelty

Kelty

Has anyone had a NIRT "loose" IR codes? My problem is this,
    I did a Home theatre job about 2 years ago, using a Mono C-touch, some dimmers and a NIRT for IR control of the AV Gear.

Well, everything worked fine for about 18 months when a few codes stopped working, so I tried to download them again, nothing changed. The codes would test fine via the test function but not work once downloaded.... after a while of repeatedly downloading, swapping NIRTs etc the code worked but other codes stopped

The AV system is using an Integra Amp and DVD, and other bits are of no importance as it is the play and power on functions of the DVD that is bugging me.

Any thoughts? I'm attaching my project for anyone to have a look. It is in C-busV2/Ctouch 1.2/ CIRCA 1.X?

Attached Files:

Kelty, Sep 19, 2006
  2. Kelty

Newman

Have you tried importing the project into Circa v2 and testing that?

It's very unusual for the codes to just stop working. If you make up a test lead consisting of a 3.5mm jack and an LED you will be able to see if the unit is actaully transmitting anything out the IR port in response to the C-Bus messages.

Newman, Sep 19, 2006
  3. Kelty

Kelty

Thanks Newman, I know the codes are sent because if you use a digital camera (mobile phone) you can see the IR flashing on the screen. Plus the NIRT channel indicator flashes normally to show that a code was transmitted.

So the codes are sent but what the code is ??? or if it is changed/ corrupted etc.

Kelty, Sep 20, 2006
  4. Kelty

Newman

One way of comparing what the unit is transmitting to the original codes is to learn both the output from the NIRT and the output from the original remote into the IR Reader and then compare the differences.

Newman, Sep 20, 2006
Ask a Question