nirt and 8050 LD

Discussion in 'Infrared (NIRT, IR Reader) and CIRCA' started by zip_cool, Dec 11, 2006.

1. zip_cool

zip_cool

just a simple question. :p as we know the 8050LD ( the emmiter cable) is only about 1 m lenght. can we expand it. make it to 10 meter ++??

zip_cool, Dec 11, 2006
  2. zip_cool

zip_cool

sorry another question

sorry another question, how can i learn the air cond ir code look like the original remote control. i mean for the temperature button( up and down). and the mode button. for example i'm using mono touch screen... or a key input..

zip_cool, Dec 11, 2006
  3. zip_cool

Ross

Not sure about 10 metres, but it is possible to extend the cable. As for learning the AC remote. You need to use an IR learn device like the Clipsal unit, part # 5100RP.
    AC codes are notoriously hard to learn, from experience. The IR world seems to have very little in the way of standards and hence is prone to manufacturer abuse. AC?s seem to spit out their life story with every press of a button. There are also a heap of codes already learnt form most manufacturers available on the web. I?d suggest you brush off google and start with some research. Good luck.

Ross, Dec 11, 2006
  4. zip_cool

Newman

zip_cool

Yes, you can extend the leads, you just need to consider that any extension to the leads is referenced directly to C-Bus and needs to be treated accordingly in terms of isolation etc.

If you use cat-5 cable to make up the extensions 10m will be no problem.

Newman, Dec 12, 2006
  5. zip_cool

zip_cool

thanks

thanks ..:) :) :) :)

zip_cool, Dec 15, 2006
Ask a Question