Night light

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by mguirguis, Feb 26, 2012.

1. mguirguis

mguirguis

I have a scenario which I am trying to resolve and wonder if anyone can help me.
    I would like to have an external light come on at sunset at 40%, then when a motion is detetected ramp-up to 100% then ramp back down to 40% after 5 minutes. The external light should switch-off at dawn or at the expiry of a timer from sunset (e.g. after four hours)
    I have the external light connected to a 4-channel dimmer. I also have two extrenal SENPIRSS. One i use for sunset and the other for motion detection. I do not have a PAC.
    Thanks in advance,

mguirguis, Feb 26, 2012
  2. mguirguis

tobex

I think that sounds like 3 scenes operating according to a condition set by the light level sensor and the motion sensor.

tobex, Feb 26, 2012
  3. mguirguis

Brendan Rogers

You can create a second Group Address for the 40% background level, which you logically combine in the dimmer output unit using the "max" relationship with the existing Group Address for those lights.

The PIRs are programmed as usual for movement when dark, then you also program one of them to also set the new Group Address to 40% when it becomes dark, and back to zero level when it is light again, or after a preset time duration.

Brendan Rogers, Feb 26, 2012
  4. mguirguis

mguirguis

Thanks Brendan, I implemented your recommended configuration and it all works fine.

mguirguis, Feb 27, 2012
Ask a Question