New Wiser 2 Home Controller can no longer be found in PICED after Ethernet cable was cut?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 2 Controller' started by KAJSER, Dec 19, 2022.

1. KAJSER

KAJSER

Hi guys,

I have recently bought a brand new 5200WHC2 Wiser 2/SpaceLogic Home Controller Unit.

This new Wiser unit was operating correctly for just over 1 month, then suddenly it stopped functioning after the ethernet cable connected to it was accidentally cut. I replaced the cut ethernet cable, but discovered that the unit had now become unreachable on my LAN network. It is visible on the C-Bus toolkit but cannot be found on the LAN network through PICED.

I have tried both partial and full resets to regain access, but this has not solved the issue. The C-Bus and power lights on the unit are illuminated green and all other lights are not illuminated. (I have attached an image of this to this email).

I have checked and verified that all cable connections are good and the Ethernet cable and C-bus cables are functional.

Please could you help me understand why this unit is no longer visible on my LAN or in PICED? How can I resolve this, the unit has only been in use for 1 month?!

I have had an issue with a previous unit where the firmware became corrupted and it had to be sent to Australia for repair (I'm in UK). Surely this couldn't also be the case with this unit just from cutting a ethernet cable?!

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

KAJSER, Dec 19, 2022
  2. KAJSER

bmerrick

Just reporting, customer self repaired, was faulty Ethernet cable.

bmerrick, Dec 24, 2022
Ask a Question