New to Raspberry Pi

Discussion in 'Third-Party Solutions' started by Kapowww, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Kapowww

Kapowww

Hi all
    Apologies up front if there is a guide already in here but there is a wealth of information that I’m struggling to piece together.
    I would like to access my c-bus remotely via either Home Assistant or Home or possibly Google Home. i generally set up everything via toolkit or make changes over my network at home as I have 5500CN but would like to control my lighting at my fingertips
    I’ve just ordered Raspberry Pi 4 and waiting for it to be delivered and just getting on the front foot in working out what needs to go on it

I’ve checked out the sticky “How to build CGate, CGateWeb, MQTT, Home Assistant and Home Bridge” but it loses me as it says two raspberries required but if you have Ethernet CNI which I do have, which steps do I ignore

just want to get the sequence correct so I do t stuff it up
    Any help would be awesome and much appreciated
    Thanks
    BA

Kapowww, Aug 15, 2022
  2. Kapowww

Shubba

Hi Kapow.

I've managed to get my previous house C-Bus network connected to the home network (and therefore any other mobile devices/iPads) through HomeBridge which is essentially a GUI for the IP address. I had a PCI-5500 unit which had the RS232 socket for which I had a USB<--> RS232 cable for. I'm from an Android using family so we only used the HomeKit app on the iPad on the wall unit but the build could also be connected through Google Home which we used on our phones. There is also a HomeKit app for Android for a price I think, that I didn't use but if it is like the iPad version, I'd recommend. All that was only on one Raspberry PI though.

Anyway, I did some step by steps for my build (with pics) so PM me if you want me to send to you to get you started. Again, it isn't the "CGateWeb/MQTT/Home Assistant" setup (just used a "Raspian/HomeBridge/Cgate" as per these instructions - https://github.com/greiginsydney/Homebridge-cbus-installer/blob/master/SETUP.md) but was happy with mine.

Shubba, Aug 15, 2022
  3. Kapowww

Kapowww

PM sent Subba

Kapowww, Aug 15, 2022
Ask a Question