New to Cbus - need help connecting & configuring

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MAG999, Apr 25, 2022.

1. MAG999

MAG999

Hi all,

I have purchased a house that has an older cbus system (maybe 10-15 yo). It also has a Wiser 2 hub connected. I have had a cbus guy come out to help configuring the lights in the house but since then I have noticed some of the Clipsal buttons have stopped working and instead of having to pay someone to keep coming out I thought maybe its possible to better understand this system and resolve issues myself.

I have an IT background from some time ago and understand some networking principles and can generally understand all things IT related but am hoping someone can help me fast track to connecting and configuring my own lights.

I believe the cbus guy connects to the Wiser 2 home hub wirelessly on the WiFi when configuring our lights instead of connecting directly to cbus. I have tried to look at what software is required to connect and configure but am not 100% on what is involved. I know the Wiser 2 has an IP address from the router and I have tried to connect to that via web browser but do not have the credentials.

Can anyone advise how to best configure what switches I want to control what lights with this hardware. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Rgds
    MAG999

MAG999, Apr 25, 2022
  2. MAG999

Conformist

Firstly, where are you located? For the System Integrator to make changes to C-Bus, he is using the C-bus Toolkit configuration software. He needs a PC interface of some type and is (in your case) using your Wiser 2 as that interface.

Conformist, Apr 25, 2022
  3. MAG999

MAG999

Hi, thank you for responding. I am located in Australia. I believe when he came in initially, he had a wired connection to the system and then subsequent visits, he was configuring via our WiFi. I have identified the IP address of the Wiser system as that shows on my iOS device where I can operate the lights set. If I use the cbus toolkit, should I set the default to the IP of Wiser, and if so, what port no ? I have tried port 80 but after scanning cannot find project. Maybe that's incorrect, I look forward to hearing back.

Rgds

MAG999, Apr 25, 2022
  4. MAG999

Wonkey

When trying to connect to the C-Bus network using Toolkit use the IP address of the wiser 2 at Port 10001

Wonkey, Apr 25, 2022
  5. MAG999

MAG999

Thanks for your help. The port 10001 worked and I was able to connect to Cbus Toolkit. I need to know how to reload the project to my Wiser 2 unit. I have lost all of the lights/fan controls in my iOS app. Do I need to use Toolkit to export to PICED software and then send to Wiser 2 unit? How is that done please?

MAG999, Apr 27, 2022
Ask a Question