New System Question

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by poj000, Dec 11, 2022.

1. poj000

poj000

Hi everyone, I have moved into a house with a CBUS system and I want to reconfigure some switches, can I get some advice on how to connect (I have this pink RJ45 port under the unit) - can I get a cable from here to my laptop? Photo attached.

Many thanks.

Attached Files:

poj000, Dec 11, 2022
  2. poj000

speedmeup

You need an interface between your C-Bus and either Ethernet (5500CN2), USB (5500PCU) or Serial (5500PC). None of these are shown in your photo. It is possible the installer who deployed your system takes/took his own interface from site to site to save costs at each site. The pink cable connects to one side of the interface then you connect your PC or network to the other side.

speedmeup, Dec 12, 2022
  3. poj000

Wonkey

Looking at the unit you have in the board. I would presume that the Pink RJ45 point is a C-Bus connection.
    Hence it is part of the C-Bus network and cannot directly connect to a PC.
    You will need some form of interface of which there are many.
    Part Number 5500PCU which is a USB type interface to computer
    Part Number 5500CN2 which is an ethernet device and connect to you LAN of you router and is then accessible on your network.
    More useful devices are:;
    the 5500SHAC which is an automation controller you need serious experience to get the best out of this.
    The Wiser 2 now know as the SpaceLogic C-Bus Home controller 5500HC2, which can be learnt by most people who have some basic technical knowledge and give a lot of advantages to your home C-Bus system.
    Check around you home to see if you have any of the above device or early devices that may allow you to interface to your C-Bus network.

Wonkey, Dec 12, 2022
  4. poj000

poj000

Can anyone recommend installers in Sydney (Lane Cove area)? Thanks.

poj000, Dec 12, 2022
  5. poj000

lcrowhurst

Laurence Crowhurst
    Crowhurst.com.au

great installer, but hey I’m biased

lcrowhurst, Dec 13, 2022
Ask a Question