New Relay Module Idea

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Charlie Crackle, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

Have a relay module 1 or 2 channel that also has a current transducer that can either measure the current pulled through the relay or at least that current is being pulled through the relay and translate this to a group address.

Applications

1) Relay controls a light that has a manual off switch (this way you can tell the status of this manual switch)

2) Detect the status of light globes (in important areas) If they have failed Cbus/PAC send message to building management to get fixed.

3) When connected to pumps that have float switches or pressure switches you can see if the pump is running or not. You can also monitor if they are running too long so they don?t burn out seals if running too long (could have run dry and float jammed)

What do you think ???

In the mean time.....
    Does any one know of a transducer that either be connected to a general input module or analogue interface module that can indicate that current (say over 0.3A) is being pulled via cable it is measuring Preferably not requiring a power supply

Charles

Charlie Crackle, Dec 6, 2007
  2. Charlie Crackle

Htnut

Htnut, Dec 6, 2007
  3. Charlie Crackle

znelbok

There are plenty out there that will measure current and give you a 4-20mA output (like the one above). I am sure if you Google it you will have plenty to look at. If I can find out what brand we use I will let you know

Mick

znelbok, Dec 7, 2007
Ask a Question