New Product suggestion

Discussion in 'Standard Products' started by Colin Smith, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Colin Smith

Colin Smith

Greetings all,
    I do a lot of home theatre installs and the current range of RCA sockets does not meet my needs. There needs to be more colours available like green and blue to suit all the component signals that are now available. This should not be too difficult as it is only the color of the plastic insert?

One physical change I would like to see is the inclusion of the RCA socket to be "double ended". I can strip the cable and crimp a RCA plug in about 30 seconds.

However with the current socket I have to fire up the soldering iron and solder the cable in place. I notice that I regularly overheat the cable insulation while trying to get the socket and cable end both up to heat for the solder to flow.
    Having the rear RCA displaced by some degrees would be nice so the cable impedance is not compromised by tight curves inside the flush box.

Actually a purpose built faceplate would be even better. Red, Green, Blue, composite, Audio left and right. With the sockets nicely angle at the rear.

Colin Smith

Colin Smith, Apr 11, 2005
  2. Colin Smith

Andrew

I agree! Especially with the ?double ended? part. Would make life much easer. But I would like the option of changing the face plate and grid to match the existing though.

Andrew, Apr 16, 2005
  3. Colin Smith

coppo

Other colours support for rca outlets

Good idea.

i have forwarded this through to the appropriate managers at CLIPSAL AUST,
    as they are the manufacturers of those products for CIS. :)

coppo, May 4, 2005
  4. Colin Smith

MrEcosse

Be nice to have these in the UK too

MrEcosse, May 4, 2005
Ask a Question