New PICED 2.6.1 Windows Xp Error message

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Nick Mullins, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Nick Mullins

Nick Mullins

When i tried to install new PICED 2.6.1 i got a error message from windows to say that the software hasnt passed the windows logo test and may not be compatible with XP. I Aborted installation Has anyone any advice? :)

Nick Mullins, Apr 13, 2005
  2. Nick Mullins

Richo

What do you expect of beta software, of course it's not MS certified .....yet :) . Basically certification is nice way for microsoft to charge us money to write software for their operating system.

You can safely install the software without a problem. The dialog refers to the USB driver that is installed for accessing the upcoming Pascal Automation Controller which is programmed via USB. It is SAFE to install this driver even thou it has not signed by Microsoft.

The software is 100% compatiable with XP. The plan is to certify the USB driver, but this won't happen until after initial release as any changes to the driver will require re-certification (and paying more money).

Richo, Apr 13, 2005
  3. Nick Mullins

Nick Mullins

just checking

thks richo just checking.last time i ingnored a error message with the operating system (Not with Cbus) i turned my computer into a snail and had to get it reconfigured and put everything back on there , so know i use a bit more caution

Nick Mullins, Apr 13, 2005
  4. Nick Mullins

Richo

No problem, I understand I think we have all been there. :)

Richo, Apr 13, 2005
Ask a Question