New PC and tag errors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Learning, Nov 28, 2021.

1. Learning

Learning

What is the proper process for migrating C-Bus and PICED files from 1 PC to another?

I am getting tag errors (C261) when I load to .ctd file in PICED on my new PC which are not there on the old PC.

I figure this means something is not updated on the new PC.

The steps I took were:
    1. Copy the .ctd and .cbz files to the new PC
    2. Open the C-Bus toolkit, connect to the C-Bus and scan the network ("Exists on network" is yes for all units)
    3. Open the .ctd file in PICED - this is when the tag error is reported

Any help is most appreciated.

Cheers

Learning, Nov 28, 2021
  2. Learning

Ashley

You need to copy the tag file from C:\Clipsal\C-Gate2\tag\???.xml to the new PC too. It contains all the network definitions including the tags. Then open toolkit, select this tag file, then you can scan the network and open the PICED project

Ashley, Nov 28, 2021
  3. Learning

Learning

Thank you. I did all that but must have done something wrong as there were a few tag differences in that file on the new PC. Anyway a comparison of the files and a few updates and the tag errors are gone.

Is there an easy way to see what tags and controls (enable/trigger) are used by PICED? I tried the compact tag report (.ctf file) but can't find a guide to what the contents mean. This could make it easier to figure out where there might be inconsistencies or unused items.

Learning, Nov 29, 2021
Ask a Question