New PAC Owner - overwhelming

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by theboyg, Feb 19, 2010.

1. theboyg

theboyg

I'm new to the PAC world - and PICED is rather daunting to say the least. I've done some searching in the Help but I don't see any examples nor specifics of what I'm trying to do so perhaps some wise sages here may be able to help. I have a PAC to do one thing, and one thing only - set the DLT text when triggered. That will be it's sole purpose in life.

So, let's say I press button ID 24 on a DLT - and an example would be to set the DLT text to say "ON" when on (255) or "OFF" when off (0). It's not strictly exactly what I'm going to do, but for all intense purposes, that's it.

I've seen references to SetStringIBSystemIO in this forum, but beyond that nothing nor how to sling it all together.

Are there any examples of this ? I can't seem to find any in the latest PICED download.

TIA !

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2010
    theboyg, Feb 19, 2010
  2. theboyg

theboyg

OK, I've got it working. Except I had to use GetLightingLevel("Office Ceiling Lights") because GetTriggerLevel("Office Ceiling Lights") which is used on a sample in this forum just wouldnt play ball for whatever reason.

Now when setting the DLT labels, and I write back the same value, is the DLT clever enough to not issue another write ? Is it true there's only a certain number of writes onto the DLT chip ?

I don't plan on changing more than 1 or 2 labels on a DLT, and even then it's potentially a max average of 4/5 times a week.

theboyg, Feb 19, 2010
  3. theboyg

Conformist

Yep... about 1,000,000 Should be ok :)

Conformist, Feb 19, 2010
  4. theboyg

NickD Moderator

These functions do the same thing, but for different Application addresses...

"GetLightingLevel" gets the level of the specified group on the Lighting application.

"GetTriggerLevel" gets the current level (Action Selector) for the specified trigger group on the Trigger Control application.

Nick

NickD, Feb 20, 2010
  5. theboyg

theboyg

Makes sense now :)

theboyg, Feb 20, 2010
  6. theboyg

theboyg

theboyg, Feb 26, 2010
Ask a Question