New Matrix Switcher

Discussion in 'Multi-Room Audio (MRA) and MARPA' started by [email protected], Aug 16, 2013.

1. ray.sherriff@cabra.com.au

[email protected]

I have just upgraded an old MRA project. I replaced the old matrix switcher with the new delux matrix switcher
    2 things are happening
    1. 1 of the mra zones is now not responding at all
    2. In the dining room zone, I can select sources, but after a few minutes the audio level will fade down the ramp back up (not through C-Bus)

The MAtrrix says that it has no serial code set in it. Could this be the issue?

[email protected], Aug 16, 2013
  2. ray.sherriff@cabra.com.au

bmerrick

Hi Ray,

I saw something quite similar when I upgraded an old MRA unit to the new MRA. What it ended up being was that I had incorrectly swapped two of the remote amp digital audio leads when patching at the patch bay whilst changing to groovy new green patch leads. This also caused a truck load of traffic on the C-Bus network making normal lightning etc very slow, obviously as it was erroring the whole time.

Going back into Toolkit on each amp and automatically 'finding' the correct MRA port for each amp fixed it all up.

Not sure about the serial number issue? That also doesn't sound right but one of the Clipsal guys should be able to answer that one.

Good luck and hope that's it.

Brad

bmerrick, Aug 17, 2013
  3. ray.sherriff@cabra.com.au

ashleigh Moderator

I'll let somebody who is more in the know answer definitively, HOWEVER if the MRA does not have a C-Bus serial number programmed, then it might be a return-to-base-for-fix time.

Serial numbers are programmed at the same time as other configuration information, and if the serial number is not present some other settings may not be right either.

It's a pain to pull it out for return. Talk to a sales rep or something like that. But I'd be taking it back for repair / exchange if I was you.

ashleigh, Aug 17, 2013
  4. ray.sherriff@cabra.com.au

[email protected]

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I'll order a new matrix & returns the old one to save me 2 site visits. :)

[email protected], Aug 17, 2013
Ask a Question