New Matrix switch

Discussion in 'Multi-Room Audio (MRA) and MARPA' started by Newbie, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Newbie

Hi guys, I have just set up the "new" matrix switch (with streaming etc.) in my office and am having a few issues, first of all I have only assigned 2 zones, zone 1 and zone 8, I have used a low power 10w amp on zone 1 and a desktop amp on zone 8, my problem is that both amps are playing left speaker only.
    I have tried adjusting the audio levels of these amps in toolkit but whenever I shift the audio all the way to the right I have no sound.
    I have tested by speakers and I know that they are working fine.
    Both my amps are set as slaves in toolkit and have been auto-assigned to a zone by the matrix switch

Any ideas what the issue could be?

Thanks

Newbie, Feb 18, 2011
  2. Newbie

Daniel1985

The first issue i can see is that the amps should be set as masters. Only use the slave function if you are using 2 amps for one zone where the first amp would be a master, and the second would be a slave to the first amp. I'm not to sure about only playing sound out of the left channel. Maybe pair test your digital audio cat5 from the switcher to the amps. I would plug in a analogue source to the matrix and reprogram the switcher to use an analogue source, and see if you get sound out of both channels. There may even be a problem with the device your streaming from.

Good luck

Daniel

Daniel1985, Feb 18, 2011
  3. Newbie

oracle

check your sources as well,
    if you loose a left or right channel in your source you will also loose it from your amp

oracle, Feb 18, 2011
Ask a Question