New Installation Help Required On Choice of Hardware

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by SparksSN, Aug 6, 2006.

1. SparksSN

SparksSN

Hi Guys,
    Basically I'm currently installing a home cinema and I want to use C Bus 2 hardware to operate all the automation within the room. Basically when I enter the room I want to press 1 button on a remote to turn the projector on. The projector has a 12v trigger interface which instead of connecting to the motorised screen I want to connect to C Bus 2 and then use this signal to dim lights, close curtains and lower and raise the screen. I also want a remote control for the lighting in my home cinema. There will be 8 wall lights which will be paired so 4 channels and also a star field simulation ceiling which will require a slow fading chase accross another 4 channels.

Basically what C Bus 2 hardware do I need to purchase to accomplish this?

Thanks in Advance,
    Simon Sparks

SparksSN, Aug 6, 2006
  2. SparksSN

Darpa

I know this isnt C-Bus, and its not specifically what you're looking for, but it might be worth having a look at anyway, as I've installed it for projector, screen, audio, and lighting control before, and its a great, powerful, and simple to use system:

JED Micro Projector Controller

Good luck with your install, I'm sure some of the other guys will be able to give you excellent information on the C-Bus equipment :)

Darpa

Darpa, Aug 6, 2006
  3. SparksSN

Darpa

Ok, I have a few questions to ask you about what you're trying to do that I need you to answer to give me a better idea of what you want to do.

1. Do you want all functions to happen at once? (lower screen, fire up projector, close curtains, set lights, etc), or do you want to be able to control everything individually? or both?

2. What kind of star field simulation ceiling are you using? are you using fibre optics? or something else?

3. Do you just want to be able to control everything from a remote? or do you want to have a key input unit or touchscreen on the wall as well?

4. Do you want to interface with all your AV gear as well, to be able to provide control of EVERYTHING in the room? or will you simply use the existing remote controls you have for the rest of your AV gear and switching inputs on your projector?

5. Do you have, or are you installing any other C-Bus equipment in your house? and if yes, are you going to want to interface it with the rest of the network? if yes again, what other C-Bus devices will you have on the network? any PAC's or Touchscreens?

6. What kind of budget do you have? Is this something you're trying to do yourself as cheaply as possible? or are you going "all out" and doing things as luxuriously and top-notch as possible?

Sorry for all the questions, they will just help determine a more exact understanding of what you're trying to achieve, whats possible for you, and how far you want to go :)

Warmest Regards,

Darpa :)

Darpa, Aug 6, 2006
  4. SparksSN

SparksSN

ANSWERS

1a. Do you want all functions to happen at once? YES
    1b. Do you want to be able to control everything individually? YES

2. What kind of star field simulation ceiling are you using? FIBRE OPTICAL

3a. Do you want to be able to control everything from a remote? YES
    3b. Do you want to have a key input unit on the wall as well? YES

4. Do you want to interface with all your AV gear as well? YES

DENON AVR-4306 A/V Reciever
    DENON DVD-3910 DVD Player
    SkyHD
    XBox360
    Playstation
    Optoma ThemeScene HD72i
    Beamax 8' Motorised Widescreen (Do I need the 12v trigger box)?

5. Are you installing any other C-Bus equipment in your house? YES

6a. What kind of budget do you have? The home cinema is costing ?20,000
    6b. Is this something you're trying to do yourself? YES
    6c. Are you going "all out" and doing things as luxuriously and top-notch as possible? YES

So to clarify I'm spending loads of money but on top notch gear but I'm a geek so I'm doing all the installation myself.

Thanks in Advance,
    Simon

SparksSN, Aug 20, 2006
  5. SparksSN

znelbok

Charmed quark would be a good solution for you. Interfaced to C-bus and hardware (hi-fi, projectors etc) and has macro and scheduling capabilities

www.charmedquark.com

Mick

znelbok, Aug 21, 2006
Ask a Question