New Install Questions

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by speedmeup, Dec 6, 2022.

1. speedmeup

speedmeup

Assuming all loads are low power LED lighting so 10A protection is adequate...

1. With a 12 channel relay, does anyone see a problem chaining all (or half) the A sides together using two-line bootlace ferrules to loop in and loop out of each terminal with 1.5mm and then into a single 10A RCBO?

2. It is normal to put all the c-bus kit on their own single RCBO and then group the loads onto separate RCBOs or is it better to group the loads and their respective relays on separate RCBOs? I can see pros and cons of both ways.

Thanks all!

speedmeup, Dec 6, 2022
  2. speedmeup

speedmeup

This is what I mean by looping...OK?
    upload_2022-12-13_20-2-4.jpeg

speedmeup, Dec 13, 2022
  3. speedmeup

Wonkey

Having multiple relay channels supply looped in this way is OK, just the same as having multiple light switches feed from the same breaker provided the breaker is suitably sized to protect the cable.
    WIth regard to Q2 as you mention there are pro and cons to both methods, having separate breakers for each unit may seem like a great idea but if there is a channel that needs to be fused separately on a relay due to its current draw or (location of the load) then you may end up with a miss match of ideas. Either method is OK just clearly mark up as can be seen above how to isolate a unit and its channels.
    Remember the concept of using a fuse (breaker etc) is to protect the cable not the load. It's the installers (qualified electrician) responsibility to ensure the loads do not overload the cable.

Wonkey, Dec 13, 2022
    speedmeup likes this.
  4. speedmeup

speedmeup

speedmeup, Dec 18, 2022
  5. speedmeup

gte242

Yes I used linked terminal block for the live and neutral connections similar to what you are proposing. Earth was all connected on one bar. Did this as I also had a UPS feed for CBUS modules and some lighting.

upload_2022-12-31_8-41-37.jpeg

gte242, Dec 31, 2022
  6. speedmeup

speedmeup

Nice panel. I wish Australia would move to the new colours!

speedmeup, Jan 1, 2023
Ask a Question