New install - Question re cbus power supply

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Carrera, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Carrera

Carrera

Hi,
    I have just switched on the system and gone into the toolkit to start looking at programming. It has recognised and found all the units connected so far but on the summary for the network it says cbus power supply exceeded and is showing 2400mA, which is obvious greater than the max 2000mA.

What I don't understand is I have the following within the cbus network and should only have a power supply of 1800mA.
    9 powered 8 way dimmers - supplying 1800mA
    3 non powered 8 way dimmers - should supply nil Ans say so on the dimmers
    9 Nero switches connected, 38 not yet connected
    Wiser and cni

All seems to be working fine, however the power supply message worries me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Carrera, Aug 13, 2012
  2. Carrera

Newman

When a C-Bus network is scanned using C-Bus Toolkit it is unable to determine which of the DIN dimmers or relays do or don't include an internal 200mA power supply. When you open the UI's for each of the units in toolkit you will probably see the catalogue numbers listed as L5508D1A for all of them whereas some of them are obviously the L5508D1AP model (without 200mA C-Bus power supply).

If you manually correct the catalogue numbers in Toolkit then the network view will make the correct power calculation for your network.

Newman, Aug 13, 2012
  3. Carrera

Carrera

Many thanks, so the the current is not exceeded. I can move on to the setup.

Carrera, Aug 14, 2012
Ask a Question