New home with cbus and need advice pls

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by poj000, Nov 20, 2023.

1. poj000

poj000

Hi all, I have a home with cbus and an old touchcreen panel. There is controllers in either panel allowing management of the system. I have a new bathroom lights/fans installed (by electrician) and now need to program them - and replace my old touch screen panel.

Advise if I should get a 5500AC2 or Wiser2 installed? I am reasonably technical but interested in the communities preference.

Thanks,
    John.

poj000, Nov 20, 2023
  2. poj000

Drew

Hi, the Wiser AC2 is Clipsal best current version (although 3rd party design), but a bitch programming wise imho. If you simply want a touch screen replacement, scheduling and what/if programming consider the Clipsal Smart Logic Wiser2 unit .... Provides excellent screen output via HDMI and any android tablet will operate as a touch screen interface through their app. It is an elegant solution especially since it can POE powered and provides network/wifi connectivity. System will support multiple tablet touchscreens incidentally plus both apple & android phone support. Btw fully supports HTML5 on browsers and will work straight from the box with minimal setup. D

Drew, Nov 20, 2023
  3. poj000

oracle

agree with drew if you are a newb then definitely the wiser as its logic engine is simple and uses pascal
    it has a scheduler, scene manager, and native phone apps

oracle, Nov 20, 2023
Ask a Question