New Hardware Detected.

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Charlie Crackle, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

Got my new Logic Engine and plugged in the USB Cable (After Loading the software)

Was waiting to see......

New Hardware Detected....Clipsal PAC....

But No....

New Hardware Detected...CP210x USB to UART Bridge Controller

So basically a USB to Serial Converter !

I suppose from CIS view a easy way to get USB "No USB protocol or host device driver Expertise required"

Was there a reason why you did not edit the default product ID and then doctor the driver to say "Clipsal PAC" (Easier to find on device manager)

Any chance then of getting a network version. (IE replace the CP210X with a lantronics). Or even a serial version. It would be nice to beable to remotly program this little device. NET to serial easy. NET to USB is a bit more tricky and expensive.

So far very impressed with this little module. For the cost I can see every installation having one instead of a PCI.

Tool kit was a little trouble till it I realised it need to use COM24 ! (I have a lot over virtual Serial) CBUS programming works great.

With out experence with CTOUCH out of the box the learning curve will be steep. It took me a while to work out why it wanted me to define a screen size for a device with out a screen. But now I think the intergration with ctouch is very clever.

Hardware Question...

What sort of battery should be put on the clock terminals. ?? Gel or Alkaline.
    Does it receive any charging current ?? if so where from (cbus or +24v)

Charles

Charlie Crackle, Jul 11, 2005
  2. Charlie Crackle

Darren Senior Member

It should have come up with a message saying that it had detected a Pascal Automation Controller. It is possible that a step was missed during production. I will follow this up.
    That is how it is supposed to be.
    Not in the near future.
    That is good to hear.
    We really prefer people to do the logic training course before using the PAC.
    There is no charging from the battery backup connection, so you can use any type of battery.

Darren, Jul 12, 2005
Ask a Question