New groups will not stay on

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Basil, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Basil

Basil

Hi
    I have a system that has been up and running 3-4 years no problems I have just extended the system with 9 items all ok on the c-bus network. I then started to add the new circuits one at a time the first circuit ran up fine with 15 LED down lights on a 2A dimmer but had dimming problems as the lamps supplied by the customer were poor quality I then added the second circuit 7 LED down lights on the same 2A dimmer set to ON / OFF on a DLT as soon as I turn the circuit on it turns itself Off I thought it was the lamps or the dimmer but no on further tests even with no load connected, the dimmer immediately turns off as soon as it is turned ON, BUT it will stay ON if I give the dimmer channel an existing group name, so I have discovered that ANY new group I add to ANY output device channel will switched off as soon as I switch it ON all existing groups created before today still work fine plus the First new group that I added today sorry to be a bit long winded but any ideas I am a bit stuck
    Thanks
    Baz

Basil, Oct 10, 2014
  2. Basil

Roosta

Is there a logic capable device in the system? Try disconnecting it from Cbus and see if your new group works.. Will give more advice if it does..

Roosta, Oct 10, 2014
  3. Basil

Basil

Yes there is a B&W touch that the customer has re programmed I have not looked at that yet so I will go back and disconnect from the system will let you know
    Thanks
    Baz

Basil, Oct 10, 2014
  4. Basil

Basil

Yep spot on disconnected the B&W touch and issue gone, I have found out that he re-programmed the touch screen and there is a bunch of logic modules in there, so going to look though them and try and fine the problem,
    Thanks for you help on this much appreciated
    Baz

Basil, Oct 11, 2014
  5. Basil

Roosta

Cool, expected as much.. Sounds like you are on the right track.. He has probably added groups to his touchscreen project and its causing conflicts..

Roosta, Oct 11, 2014
  6. Basil

Basil

Just a quick update
    yep the customer had added new groups on the B&W touch that conflicted with the new groups that I was trying to add in Toolkit
    Thanks again
    Baz

Basil, Oct 14, 2014
Ask a Question