New EDLT Launch event

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Charlie Crackle, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Charlie Crackle

KevinH

Are the button LED's independently settable colour wise , so you can have mixed colours on one eDLT ?

From the video I think it shows that the LCD background colour is independently settable against each button ?

K

KevinH, Feb 11, 2013
  2. Charlie Crackle

Roosta

Hi KevinH,

Dont take it as gospel but i believe the screen led colour and each of the 5 individual button leds can be controlled individually..

Cheers..

Roosta, Feb 11, 2013
  3. Charlie Crackle

znelbok

Is there a flyer for this yet?

The page linked to previously had a link for a brochure after a code and personal details were entered but nothing has been sent through.

znelbok, Feb 11, 2013
  4. Charlie Crackle

NickD Moderator

Not exactly... you can however :
    - set colours for the on and off states of the widget indicators (buttons 1 - 4)
    - set a separate colour for the navigation button (5th button) indicator
    - control the on and off state colours using the level of group addresses

There is also a feature whereby you can have the colour of the LCD background, LCD foreground, or navigation indicator, controlled based on the level of a group. In this mode, you set up 2 thresholds, and select 3 colours, with the level of the controlling group in relation to the thresholds determining the colour.

This is not possible, and I don't recall the video showing it, although there was one slide in the presentation which perhaps might have given this impression, where the widgets were outlined in different colours to highlight them.

The LCD background and foreground (ie text) colours can be selected from an 8 colour palette (Black, White, Red, Green, Blue, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow), but this is for the entire screen (for the technically minded, the frame buffer is only a 1bpp image - but we can define what the two colours are).

Nick

NickD, Feb 12, 2013
  5. Charlie Crackle

KevinH

What I wanted was to set on/off indicators to say amber/off for internal lights and have blue/off for exterior lights , where the light can't be seen easily from the switch. This is an easy to convey meaning and very noticeable should an external light be turned on or left on accidently. I realise it's not ideal in a multi-page / shared led switch.

I think you're saying this can't be done which is a shame as I can think of a lot of other applications eg a music playing/paused indicator or a hot water temp indicator that turned red when you had enough hot water for a bath, or perhaps an email arrived LED. Regardless the indicator must have some very visual way of drawing attention, and hence be a different colour to others, or flashing or something. I would have hoped this was the sort of thing an 'e' product included .

K

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2013
    KevinH, Feb 12, 2013
  6. Charlie Crackle

NickD Moderator

Hi Kevin,

We deliberately tried to avoid having too many colours (some might say we failed that already), because in our experience, most people find this confusing.

Your use case of having a special LED to indicate email or hot water can be achieved using the feature I described previously where the navigation indicator, or LCD background, or LCD foreground colour can be controlled by a lighting group.

Nick

NickD, Feb 12, 2013
  7. Charlie Crackle

Brendan Rogers

Clipsal C-Bus eDLT wall switch.

For anyone interested, there is a concise summary of most of the features of the new C-Bus eDLT wall switch on this page: Clipsal C-Bus eDLT switch features

As more information becomes available from different sources about this new product, the information is being actively integrated into an easy-to-read summary of the eDLT's considerable feature list.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2013
    Brendan Rogers, Feb 13, 2013
  8. Charlie Crackle

KevinH

Not sure I'm sold on that as I assume it's a hardware simplification / cost reduction. People have different needs and for me having one key indicator displaying an eye catching difference is important. Enforcing such discipline is restrictive and overly dictatorial.

So you are saying I can have each button LCD colour background / foreground different or have I misunderstood ? I appreciate you can set the overall background / foreground LCD colour - and from a group level but that doesn't help for multiple 'events' unless you prioritise them for overall LCD colour.

KevinH, Feb 14, 2013
  9. Charlie Crackle

NickD Moderator

I think you misunderstood.

The LCD can only have 2 colours on the screen at a time. You can set the foreground and background colours, but this applies to the whole screen.

The LEDs for the indicators on the 4 widgets show the ON or OFF state of the widget, and these colours can be set, however the ON and OFF colours are settings that apply to the whole unit. These colour settings can be changed dynamically, but they still apply to the ON and OFF colours for the whole unit.

The LED for the navigation widget can have its colour set independently, and can be changed dynamically. You can use this for the eye catching difference for example.

Nick

NickD, Feb 15, 2013
  10. Charlie Crackle

Ambro

Another question - in the current DLT if one sets, for example, a timer from a CTC the indicator on the DLT (flashing button led) does not show/operate. Only setting a timer on DLT makes the led flash.

Does the new widget display overcome this?

Ambro, Feb 26, 2013
  11. Charlie Crackle

ashleigh Moderator

I can't speak for the DLT designers, but C-Bus timers run, and are shown on, the unit which initiates the timer and performs the timing action.

There are no bus messages transmitted to say "hey you guys, theres a timer running on group X so show a blinky blink but by the way don't actually do anything because I'm doing the timing action".

So my wild guess is no, you won't see any difference.

ashleigh, Feb 26, 2013
  12. Charlie Crackle

P2T

Any news on brochures and data sheets? Keen to see more details and the website is not forthcoming...

By my calculations we are just aout to enter the 'Autumn' release period.

P2T, Feb 28, 2013
  13. Charlie Crackle

ashields

uk version

Any idea whether a UK version is planned?

And if so is it likely to be 4 buttons instead of 5 like with the DLT

Cheers
    Alan

ashields, Mar 1, 2013
  14. Charlie Crackle

Damaxx

Is this eDLT able to control two different ceiling fans which was an issue with the standard DLT - Multiple fan zones from one DLT

Obviously not a huge deal as there are the work around's that Newman was able to show me, but I was curious if the new unit could do it without the added programming?

Looks like a great unit and obviously a lot of research has gone into the requirements gents. Brilliant work. Will be upgrading a couple of my DLT's for sure.

Damaxx, Apr 13, 2013
  15. Charlie Crackle

Brendan Rogers

Brendan Rogers, May 5, 2013
  16. Charlie Crackle

GlenF

Has there been any indication of a release for sale date beyond " Autumn" ?

Only 4 weeks of Autumn left.

GlenF, May 5, 2013
  17. Charlie Crackle

Conformist

Well, technically speaking Autumn has about 7 weeks to go. It really ends at the winter solstice.

Conformist, May 5, 2013
  18. Charlie Crackle

BrianGT

These available yet?

BrianGT, Jun 16, 2013
  19. Charlie Crackle

Conformist

No, slight delay... sorry.

Expectation is mid July (in Australia). I'll provide an update if there is a further delay. I'll push to make sure they can be available for international markets ASAP afterwards.

Fingers crossed

Conformist, Jun 17, 2013
  20. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

have they fixed the pricing yet ? similar to the existing DLT I hope ?

Charlie Crackle, Jun 17, 2013
Ask a Question