New EDLT Launch event

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Charlie Crackle, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Charlie Crackle

Roosta

Launch video stream has now been posted on YouTube

Cheers

Roosta, Feb 6, 2013
  2. Charlie Crackle

Daniel Far?as

Manzanares, Buenos Aires State, Argentina
    Great device, excellent features, very good launch and excellent job from The Conformist to write a superb data sheet on the fly !!!

Well done guys !!!

Hope the Sales & Marketing team do the same and the product is quickly available everywhere.

Congratulations !!!

Daniel Far?as

Daniel Far?as, Feb 6, 2013
  3. Charlie Crackle

Conformist

Additional logic is not required to show the present consumption information as this can be broadcast on the measurement application. You can setup multiple measurement devices so you could show each phase and PV as well of you choose. if you want to show the accumulated info, that's a little more tricky. You will need a logic device to do that as the eDLT does not store the values and accumulate (it's programmed with Toolkit not PICED). You will be able to broadcast a value from a logic device onto the measurement application with an accumulated value.

Hint... This is a method to transmit a numeric value from a logic device... e.g. If you scrape an estimated maximum value from the net, you can broadcast that value on the measurement application. In the eDLT, you can provide a text prefix to make the value look more valuable to the user.

Text prefix may be... 'Est Max: ' and the value on the measurement app would follow this to read 'Est Max: 28' You can also use a pre-canned suffix too such as '?C' so that it reads... 'Est Max: 28?C'.

Hope this helps

cheers

Conformist, Feb 6, 2013
  4. Charlie Crackle

Conformist

Thanks Nick

The eDLT does not (currently) support the HVAC application. i completely understand what you want to do and I can assure you this is not an oversight. There is a work-around so it's not impossible... just tricky. The HVAC application needs some changes to better handle setpoints so this needs to be addressed first.

Conformist, Feb 6, 2013
  5. Charlie Crackle

ievolve

@Conformist, real curious on the new eDLT's an how they compre with the old DLT's regarding the issues below:

ievolve, Feb 7, 2013
  6. Charlie Crackle

Roosta

He did reply at some point and said it wouldn't suffer the same issue, but it appears to have been removed?

Cheers.

Roosta, Feb 7, 2013
  7. Charlie Crackle

ievolve

The plot thickens.... :)

ievolve, Feb 7, 2013
  8. Charlie Crackle

2SC

Check the YouTube video at 16:30
    You can have dynamic measurement values :)

2SC, Feb 7, 2013
  9. Charlie Crackle

ievolve

You can have dynamic measurement values on the normal DLT's today as well, just that your hardware will self destruct :)

What I am asking is if this issue has been fixed with the eDLT, and I can say build a clock that will dynamically write to the display HH:MM or some other frequently changing data without killing my hardware in a short period of time.

ievolve, Feb 7, 2013
  10. Charlie Crackle

Conformist

Correct.. I did. I removed it as the numbers I put forward were questioned and the points I made were not strictly correct ( questioned by our very diligent engineers).

I have sought clarification and have most of the detail. I'm just waiting on one point to be cleared up and I'll re-post with the (absolute) correct information... Sorry about that. Nothing sinister intended, just want to put out the right info.

cheers

Conformist, Feb 7, 2013
  11. Charlie Crackle

Conformist

I'll have an absolute answer for you shortly...

I can say (for sure) the numbers displayed on measurement application, do not write to eeprom. The strings that are received from the MRA to display station names, sources etc, do not write to eeprom.

Cheers

Conformist, Feb 7, 2013
  12. Charlie Crackle

Conformist

OK... I have a definitive answer for you on this (now)

If you are using the measurement application for writing values, then there is no write to flash. Remember, you can 'manipulate' this application in logic to send values around the bus. So, values such as an estimated maximum scraped from a weather site could be sent on this.

Label writes on the MRA application (which is supported in eDLT) do not write to flash.

I have bad, good and good news now...

The bad (nor really bad.. it has it's benefits) news is that labels are persistent across a power failure so they do write to flash. This also means that after a power failure, the label will still be there... a definite advantage....

Good news is....With values being on the Measurement Application, a lot of the frequently changing display info won't be an issue anymore.

Further good news is that the eDLT supports minimum 1,000,000 writes to flash...

All up, quite a bit harder to wear out

Regardless, this is an interesting thought and we're looking at what could be done in the future for such applications. Only wish we had a firmware update mechanism... oh wait, we do. :rolleyes:

BTW, love the questions... More than happy to keep answering them.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2013
    Conformist, Feb 8, 2013
  13. Charlie Crackle

Roosta

Simply awesome response mate.. Makes it all nice and clear.. :-D

Is there any scope in the long run to be able to send MRA track info down the MRA Application? I know we can send the radio station, etc but being able to send track info from ripple to the eDLT would just bring the MRA offer that one step closer..

Cheers..

Roosta, Feb 8, 2013
  14. Charlie Crackle

Conformist

Probably not. The Media Transport Application is used for that so there's no point in duplicating the same (heavy) traffic on a second application. There was a very good reason why it wasn't done, but I'm not going to go into that right now. :)

All in the goodness of time

Cheers

Conformist, Feb 8, 2013
  15. Charlie Crackle

ievolve

Thank you for the reply, and the detail. Looking forward to kicking the tires, is USA going to get them in the same timeframe as everyone else?

ievolve, Feb 8, 2013
  16. Charlie Crackle

Conformist

No probs on the reply. I hope the US will get them at the same time, but that's not my call. I'm working with the guys there to get them up to speed in preparation.

Cheers

Conformist, Feb 8, 2013
  17. Charlie Crackle

Roosta

My apologies for not using the correct info..

Will we be able to extract the track info from the media transport application and display the detail on the eDLT?

Cheers,
    Nik

Roosta, Feb 8, 2013
  18. Charlie Crackle

Conformist

I wouldn't recommend it.. Too much bus data isn't a good thing

Cheers

Conformist, Feb 8, 2013
  19. Charlie Crackle

abg

Reflection Wall Box

Any chance this will fit the mounting plate of a reflection wall box? I only have reflections installed (32 of them).

abg, Feb 8, 2013
  20. Charlie Crackle

Thomas

Hi,
    I am very happy to join in all the praise for this new product. It looks great. Unfortunately I am battling to view the vid, where I hoped to get an answer relating to mounting the product. Perhaps, it can be easily described?
    It is not clear to me whether this product is completely flat and mounts onto a bracket which is attached to the wall, or if it actually requires a back box?
    If if needs a back box, would it be the same the size of the one required for the DLT, or perhaps smaller?

I hope that this is not something which has been answered and I missed it. Read the post for the third time now to find out...

Thomas, Feb 8, 2013
Ask a Question