New Ctouch MkII transfer via CBus functionality in 4.8

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by MadMal, Jun 21, 2010.

1. MadMal

MadMal

Has anyone tried to play with the new functionality to allow transferring projects to/from CTouch B&W MkII via CBus ??

or has it been enabled in PICED by mistake?

I have upgraded firmware in CTouch and initially got errors about the touch screen being a CTouch and not CTouch MkII so reloaded firmware (4.8.3) and ensured was the correct one (CTouch_Mark2_3_51_0) now getting all sorts of timeout and other issues ...

Currently installed PICED on new PC (one I normally use for ToolKit work and is permanently connected to the CBus network), created a new blank project, attached to the ToolKit project, told it the address of the CTouch (100), connected CBus and tried to transfer project from panel - first screen allowed connection ok, second didnt allow any options to xfer the project back ...

Suggestions? Comments?

MadMal, Jun 21, 2010
  2. MadMal

[IL]NewGen

This does work, however, make a coffee, goto lunch when you do so, it took me about under an hour to get a project loaded.

Make sure your Unit address assigned matches with your tag database. Disconnect, then reconnect to c-bus when you try to transfer again to refresh your connection

I and many other would agree, that usb is the ideal transfer medium. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2010
    [IL]NewGen, Jun 21, 2010
  3. MadMal

MadMal

Thanks NewGen ... I will try again when I get a chance to pull out that test gear again later in the week.

Yeah - expected it to be slow, but slow is better than nothing at all - if I can leave a C-Gate running on my maintained sites with internet access (of some form), then I can at least do something instead of travelling to site ;)

MadMal, Jun 21, 2010
Ask a Question