New Clipsal USB COM Port Driver version 5.4

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by george, Jul 31, 2009.

1. george

george

Toolkit 1.10.6 contains a new USB Com Port Driver v5.4 which (a) copes better when USB devices lose power during standby or hibernation, and (b) fixes an issue with the COM port not appearing on some laptops (eg Dell Precision)

The installer should automatically and silently remove the old USB driver and install the new one. On some systems, it can take a few minutes during which the UI appears frozen. If you experience this, don't panic, simply wait a few minutes.

Windows Vista 64-bit users: If you have problems installing the driver, reboot your PC and press F8 while booting. You will get into "Advanced Boot Options". Select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement". Once logged in, run the Toolkit installer again.

If the installation fails or you are still unable to connect to a C-Bus network from Toolkit through your C-Bus USB device, here are a few things you can try in turn:

1. Unplug your C-Bus USB device and plug it in again. Try different COM ports.

2. Run the Toolkit installer again and tick the option "Force C-Bus USB driver installation and display progress". This will re-install the USB driver unconditionally and will also display the installation progress dialog that is suppressed by default.

3. Reboot the computer.

4. WARNING: THIS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. Do a manual deletion of the existing driver then run the installer again. We suggest you move these files to a temporary directory instead of deleting them.

Files to remove:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\slabwhnt.sys
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\silabenm.sys
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\silabser.sys
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\slabbus.sys
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\slabcm.sys
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\slabcmnt.sys
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\slabser.sys
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\slabwh.sys
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\WdfCoinstaller01005.dll
    C:\Program Files\Clipsal Integrated Systems\Clipsal USB Com Port Driver\*.*​

Regards,
    George

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2011
    george, Jul 31, 2009
  2. george

george

If you still have problems with USB driver...

Here is one more thing that we tried and it helped in case with "broken" C-Bus USB driver.

If you see yellow sign on C-Bus USB Driver entry in your computer Device Manager window

[​IMG]

right-click the entry and select Uninstall

[​IMG]

After this, unplug the device, reinstall the driver using the latest Toolkit installer with option "Force C-Bus USB driver installation and display progress" ticked and then reconnect the device to USB port.

Regards,
    George

george, Oct 29, 2009
  3. george

petra

Hi

I haven't used the USB devices and drivers yet ? - are these just usb to rs232com port emulators or do the devices actually have a real usb interface inside the box?

petra, Nov 18, 2009
  4. george

ashleigh Moderator

These devices appear to your PC as a com port, with a correct model name, catalog number, etc.

Draw your own conclusions about how they are implemented in the firmware and hardware of products :)

ashleigh, Nov 18, 2009
  5. george

noni

C-Bus Toolkit v 1.11.1

Hi,

I have download and installed the newest version of C-Bus toolkit software, but I could not connect to the c-bus network through PC Interface using USB cable.
    I tried all of the above but nothing works.

If anyone knows how to solve the problem, please tell me.

Thanks,

Vlado

noni, Jun 15, 2010
  6. george

ashleigh Moderator

What operating system are you using?

And is it 32 bit or 64 bit version?

If 64 bit version, you need to search here to find how to install the drivers into the 64 bit OS.

ashleigh, Jun 16, 2010
  7. george

george

USB Driver issue on 64-bit Windows is fixed in Toolkit 1.11.2

Toolkit 1.11.2 now contains the properly signed 64-bit version of the USB driver, so when installing Toolkit on Vista 64-bit or Windows 7 64-bit, the driver will be automatically installed without requiring you to reboot the OS in the "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" mode.

george, Jul 28, 2010
  8. george

21stcenturyelec

Huh rar good stuff, ill be downloading that straight away :)

21stcenturyelec, Jul 28, 2010
  9. george

towbar

Is there a signed driver for PAC yet?

towbar, Jul 28, 2010
  10. george

george

64-bit version of the PACA USB driver is signed, not the 32-bit one though. The next release of Toolkit will have 32-bit driver signed as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2010
    george, Jul 29, 2010
  11. george

towbar

Thanks George I am 64bit just hadn't thought to update the driver! Works fine now.

towbar, Jul 30, 2010
  12. george

Paolo

COM port not seen by CBusToolkit

I just installed CBusToolKit 1.11.2 on a Sony VAIO with Windows 7 64bit system. The driver seems to be properly installed (no yellow flag etc...) and when I plug the PACA in the USB, it does show properly in the COM ports in Device Manager. However, CBusToolkit does not see it. I have tried doing a "PORT PROBE" directly in CGate but it says the port does not exist. The Java version is jre1.6.0_18.

Paolo, Oct 21, 2010
  13. george

mberwind

I'm experiencing very similar problems to Paolo.

In 64bit Windows 7, version 11.1.6 doesn't work with Toolkit. It cannot scan a USB connected physical network. I've tried everything listed in this thread and also some "solutions" in other threads on the forums (located here and here). To me, update 11.1.6 seems to be the problem, and I suspect this because I had a laptop with an older version of Toolkit (11.1.2 on Windows XP) that worked perfectly with all of my hardware until I updated to .6. I can no longer scan COM ports or open C-Bus networks on what was previously working perfectly. I tried reverting to my older version of Toolkit, but now that machine doesn't work. This supports the idea that my problem is a driver issue associated with 11.1.6. I've attached a file showing what my "Find C-Bus Networks" screen looks like on Windows 7. The driver appears to be installed correctly- it shows up properly in the device manager and I've got no problems when I plug into the USB port.

I understand that Windows 7 is not an officially supported OS, but it is not going away any time soon and some people claim to have gotten Toolkit to work in 64bit 7. Has anyone had any recent successes with Toolkit and 64bit 7?

To help, assume I'm starting from a fresh format (I'm willing to format). What stepwise process would I need to go through to get Toolkit fully functioning with Windows 7? Since I doubt Toolkit will be updated anytime soon to work out of the box with 7, this would greatly help me. If you tell me that Windows 7 just won't work properly at the moment, that would greatly help me as well.

Thanks ahead.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2011
    mberwind, Jun 28, 2011
  14. george

Dave Byron

Can confirm that Toolkit works with Windows 7 64bit since Oct 2010, just checked Toolkit version 1.11.6 and all ok
    I found the biggest problem last year was getting Win7 64bit driver for my USB - Serial lead - when I got that all went well, I use the same lead on XP as well.

dave

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2011
    Dave Byron, Jun 28, 2011
  15. george

mattyb

I upgraded to a new machine running Win 7 64-bit last week and had difficulties with the USB driver as well.

It would get to the bit of the Toolkit install where it says that "Windows will will tell you it doesn't know where these drivers came from, but just tell it to install them anyway"....and then it would continue the Toolkit installation without installing the USB drivers.

In the end, I ran the Toolkit installation in Windows XP compatibility mode and the drivers installed without a problem.

Once the drivers were installed, I've been able to access all C-Bus USB devices without having to run Toolkit in any compatibility modes.

Cheers

Matt

mattyb, Jun 30, 2011
  16. george

mberwind

Thanks for the tip, Mattyb. I ended up talking to one of my local Schneider contacts who suggested the same thing: install in Virtual PC/compatibility mode. All is functioning. Perhaps this fix should be added to the original post to prevent future installation frustration.

mberwind, Jul 1, 2011
  17. george

wappinghigh

Isn't CIS embarrassed by this?

How long has Win7 64bit been out now? Since Jan 2009??

Where is the 64Bit Win7 driver? Is their own? If there is, can someone please point me to it?

If not, aren't you just a little bit embarrassed by this?

wappinghigh, Nov 27, 2011
  18. george

Newman

Toolkit ships with both 32 and 64-bit USB drivers, so I would check which version of Toolkit you have installed. The driver was last updated in Toolkit 1.11.8, so only 2 versions of Toolkit ago.

If, after installing Toolkit 1.11.10, you're still having issues with your driver and USB support then you'll need to post more details about your specific problem.

I honestly can't recall the last time I had a driver issue with any C-Bus product under W7 64-bit. It's been perfectly fine for me.

Newman, Nov 27, 2011
  19. george

Brendan Rogers

Windows 7 64 bit USB driver is working fine for me also.

Brendan Rogers, Nov 27, 2011
  20. george

mdooher

Still no joy connecting tp PAC

Anyone still getting this error when installing the USB driver?

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)"

everything was working well untill the lastest toolkit update now I just can't get the driver to install properly

WinXP SP3

Cheers

mdooher, Jan 28, 2012
Ask a Question