Network Problem with C-Gate

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by sjfp, Oct 23, 2008.

1. sjfp

sjfp

Hi
    i am having problems with cni connections on one project. The system has 8 networks connected by CNI to schedule plus, but one of the networks runs ok for some time but then drops off. If you restart schedule plus and c-gate the problem goes away again. I have just looked at the starting of c-gate and noticed the following.
    Clipsal C-Gate(TM)V2.6.0 (Build 2213)
    Hardware key: C-Gate key found : 65535 network licenses
    License forund:
    Customer Name : Public
    License Type : Public
    Network Licenses : 2
    Expiry Date : 31 December 2099
    Total Network Licenses : unlimited.

As far as i am aware the software package supplied by others is unlimited.

Can any one shed some light on the possible problem

sjfp, Oct 23, 2008
  2. sjfp

ashleigh Moderator

If networks periodically go offline...

99 out of 100 cases where this happens the cause is electrical.

- Not enough or too much burden (open output units and PCI's on that network, in toolkit, one at a time and check if the burden is enabled. If more than ONE, disable some until you have only one burden enabled). There may be a hardware burden fitted (a pink plug in thing about 3 cm long). If so then that network should have NO other burdens turned on in the units.

- Bad wiring or connections. Tedious to find, every unit needs to be removed and check the wiring into the back of the unit. Was enough insulation bared off? Are the wires twisted together? Are the screws in the connection done up tight? Has somebody put a screw through the cable and shorted things out?

These checks will almost certainly uncover something, and when thats fixed the going off-line will most likely stop.

ashleigh, Oct 24, 2008
Ask a Question