Network problem after power cut

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Grahamiwa, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Grahamiwa

Grahamiwa

We have just experienced a lengthy power cut and when the power came back on the c bus does not function correctly.

The Saturn DLT switches to not display any switch labels and on one of them the buttons are blinking.

I am not at home now and will not be back for 28 days. There is no good C Bus support where we live.

Can anyone give any suggestions as to the problem.

Grahamiwa, Dec 29, 2014
  2. Grahamiwa

DarylMc

Have you checked all the circuit breakers, in particular the ones supplying power to the units with CBus power supplies?

DarylMc, Dec 29, 2014
  3. Grahamiwa

Grahamiwa

All the circuit breakers are operating correctly.

As an update when the CAT 5 communication cables were removed from one of the relays the problem disappeared. Luckily this relay is at the end of a daisy chain and serves an area that is not critical. So I guess the problem is with the relay.

Grahamiwa, Dec 30, 2014
  4. Grahamiwa

DarylMc

Hi Grahamiwa
    Glad to hear you are up and running again.
    Maybe you should check the cabling to that unit is OK just to be sure.
    You could also check the network voltages in case one of the power supplies has failed and one extra unit tips it over the edge.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2014
    DarylMc, Dec 30, 2014
  5. Grahamiwa

znelbok

I have a similar issue with a dimmer. When there is a power outage it more often than not does not come back up and takes out the whole C-Bus network.

C-Bus network voltage appears to be fine (checked with DVM) when in this state. Its always the same dimmer and is just something I have to love with until I can find the money to buy a new one - does not go down well with the rest of the household.

Turning off the dimmer brings the network back up straight away and then usually 10 mins or so later I turn the dimmer back on and it will run fine until the next power outage.

So I am inclined to say that you have a suspect control board in the unit in question. Not sure how to fix it though - do Clipsal still do repairs on C-Bus units (mine just needs a new control board at a guess)

znelbok, Dec 30, 2014
  6. Grahamiwa

bmc622000

I've had the same problem, and it's also a dimmer. Pretty sure it's a loose connection or dry joint, because if i give it a "technical tap", it seems to come back ok. I haven't bothered opening it up yet to have a look.
    However since it has happened, I am having all sorts of issues with Toolkit.

bmc622000, Jan 4, 2015
Ask a Question