Network issues & delays

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2SC, Mar 12, 2021.

1. 2SC

2SC

Hi to all
    Ages since my last post, but I really need your support.
    I went in a house today that had 91 units in a network.
    The issue they have is that quite often confront issues with the network. For example a scene open 15 lights but the off command close some times 10 or 12 lights only. Or you press a button and the command runs after 2 seconds.
    As soon as I arrived, Mark 2 touch screen has a message for network failure.
    I connected toolkit and a lot of units were not responding or even not identified.
    I split one floor, leaving 66 units in the network. Scanning again, the network correspondence was relatively slow but everything was fine. I run the diagnostics and everything was fine. Since voltage was at 28V, we decided to install a power supply.
    However, after I left, the 66 units network appears again the same problems.
    Will the power supply help?
    Any other idea?
    Thanks

2SC, Mar 12, 2021
  2. 2SC

lcrowhurst

Could be a (or multiple) faulty "noisy" power supplies. They will appear to be ok as the system voltage is ok, but introduce noise on the network that slows, or blocks the network messages. A power down , or disconnecting/reconnecting units, or adding a power supply , "appears" fix the issue for a while, but eventually the network gets unstable again and stops working.

Also is the burden a physical or soft? - might be worth changing

lcrowhurst, Mar 12, 2021
Ask a Question