Network bridge

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Newbie, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Newbie

This is the first I have posted on the forum so please be patient,

I have recently installed c-bus into a large house where I had more than 1km of cable, more than 100 units and more than 255 GA's

I installed 1 network bridge and sepearted the install into 2 networks, network "upstairs" and network "downstairs" I have 2 Colour C-touchs, one on each network, but only the touch screen on network "downstairs" has logic and scenes stored on it.

The networks are using different applications and the network bridge is set up to use application connect mode on both sides, I have set up scene triggers and logic triggers so that the touch screen on the "upstairs" network can trigger scenes and logic from the touch screen on the "downstairs" network (master unit).

When I turn on my scene trigger on the T. screen on the upstairs network it turns on GA's on both networks (as programmed in my scene) and triggers logic

The problem I am having is that every couple of days the t. screen upstairs stops triggering the entire scene

For example when you push the scene trigger on the upstairs screen it should turn on GA's both upstairs and downstairs but it is only turning on GA's on the downstairs network and nothing on the upstairs network.
    It also stops triggering the logic stored in the downstairs t. screen

I tried resetting the upstairs t. screen but the problem persisted, but then once I had reset the downstairs t. screen (scenes and logic stored here) the problem seemed to sort itself out and I could then again use my upstairs t. screen to trigger scenes and logic?

The piced project on my upstairs touch screen is set to have
    default network: upstairs
    defualt application: lighting 2

The piced project on my downstairs touch screen is set to have
    default network: downstairs
    defualt application: lighting

I have set "model networks independantly" to OFF on both Piced projects

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated:confused::confused::confused:

Newbie, Jun 16, 2010
  2. Newbie

Darren Senior Member

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for asking a coherent question with plenty of details. It makes things easier for everyone :)

When things next misbehave, I would suggest looking at the logs on the two touch screens to see which messages were sent and which were received. This should give you a starting point.

You could also connect the C-Bus Diagnostic Utility on one network and then the other to see which messages are actually being sent onto the two networks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2010
    Darren, Jun 17, 2010
  3. Newbie

Thanks Darren,

As suggested I will wait till the install starts playing up again and check the logs.

Regards

Newbie, Jun 18, 2010
  4. Newbie

NickD Moderator

Forgive me if I'm stating the obvious, but I think you need to enable the log in the Colour Touch.. it's not on by default.

Nick

NickD, Jun 18, 2010
Ask a Question