Network & Application as integer no work?

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by JasonCox, Oct 5, 2006.

1. JasonCox

JasonCox

I was trying to turn some of my projects into template based pages etc the other day, when I thought I would try and use a global integer for the network and application part of my code. The help file says you can do it, but it just doesn't work. Even when I tried to replace the integer with just 254 on its own, it didn't work. - and yes, my network was 254. The only thing that works is the TAG.

The reason for this is because the project name in toolkit is limited, I use the network name for extra information, so not every projects network is called 'Local Network'

Is it me or is there something wrong?

JasonCox, Oct 5, 2006
  2. JasonCox

Darren Senior Member

I have just tested the following code and it worked correcty :

Code:
    { global variables section }
    Net : integer;

{ module code }
    Net := 254;
    SetCBusState(Net, 56, 32, ON);

Can you provide an example of the code which didn't work and a description of what you mean by "it didn't work".

Darren, Oct 6, 2006
  3. JasonCox

JasonCox

First, sorry about the delay but I have looked into my problem a bit more...

I think I might have an idea on this. My code below doesn't work, but if I change "Heater 1" to a decimal value - It works!

Is there any way to have mixed integer and tag C-Bus commands?

If this was possible, then long code changes for each touchscreen could be reduced with more 'transportable' based coding.:)

Global Variables:

NetworkName, Application : Integer;

Module:

NetworkName := 254; (Local Network)
    Application := 136; (Heating Network)
    Once GetCBusState(NetworkName, Application, "Heater 1") then
    SetLightingState("Living Panel Heater", ON);

JasonCox, Nov 10, 2006
  4. JasonCox

Darren Senior Member

I will have a look into why this doesn't work.

I don't think that writing code like this is a greta idea anyway. If you are doing it for transportability, then use a constant for the group address too, rather than relying on a tag which may or may not exist in the new project.

Darren, Nov 10, 2006
Ask a Question