Ness Dx16 Alarm System

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by trucker01, Jan 21, 2014.

1. trucker01

trucker01

Hey guys another question.

I have a Ness Dx16 Alarm system which apparenlty you can connect to the cbus system with an addon card. Can anyone tell me what features this provides?

eg

Can you get your ness system to turn off the lights and close roller shutters when you arm the alarm ?

Can you use the motion sensors in various rooms to turn on lights etc.. ?

trucker01, Jan 21, 2014
  2. trucker01

joshl

yes you can do all of what you said :)

joshl, Jan 21, 2014
  3. trucker01

7iron

They do warn:

It is possible to configure the panel to send C-Bus commands each time a zone is unsealed (triggered), even when the unit is disarmed.
    Use this facility with caution (particularly with passive infrared detectors), since the normal operation of some security devices may flood the C-Bus network with excessive communication.
    A security sensor will, on every time, detect a change within its field of view and trigger the security panel?s zone that it is connected to. Depending on the panel?s event, put out a command to the C-Bus network via the C-Bus interface.

Excessive C-Bus traffic will affect the performance of the C-Bus network. This does not completely negate this type of set up however, it must be limited in its implementation. For example a security sensor that resides in an entry foyer could be used if the event was limited to the panel being armed, such
    as when it pulses on a courteous light or triggering a ?welcome home scene?. This would not give any consideration to it being night or day without a logical device ie. Colour Touch or Pascal Logic Unit, residing on the network.
    If a C-Bus PIR was used in this case to achieve the same result, its ambient level could be set to only work when the available natural light was insufficient.

7iron, Jan 21, 2014
  4. trucker01

trucker01

Hey guys

I plugged my minicentral into the cbus system and it initially appeared then disappeared and has never come back. I checked the wiring to the minicentral and it is getting power from the cbus network but nothing is coming back in Cbus Toolkit.

Any suggestions what I can try ?

I suspect its dead but I can't see what I did to kill it. I wonder if it was faulty.

trucker01, Feb 14, 2014
  5. trucker01

trucker01

Just to let people know who read this later. The minicentral daughter board (clipsal component) was dead.

trucker01, Feb 23, 2014
Ask a Question