Ness DX16 alarm, C-bus, Alexa

Discussion in 'Third-Party Solutions' started by Kapowww, Sep 3, 2022.

1. Kapowww

Kapowww

Yay, i got my raspberry pi all sorted now and Alexa/Google are capable of controlling all my house lights. Have all my entertainment devices linked as well via Harmony. Works a treat. More fine tuning needed but all good. nice project to keep me entertained. thanks to a couple of peeps who pointed me in the right direction
    Now, I have a Ness DX16 alarm system thats also wired to the c-bus system. it comes up in toolkit, its all there. I have programmed the panel to turn on certain group lights when the alarm goes off. All ok in that department.
    I can see the Ness alarm come up in Homebridge under accessories and it does come up as a device in Alexa but it doesnt do anything. If the Alarm is armed, the Homebridge accessories doesnt light up or anything. I dont know if its just a dummy unit with no functionality under Homebridge
    What i was hoping to do is create a routine/scene in Alexa when the Alarm is Armed, certain lights come on and off and certain times after sunset to give the impression someone is home instead of (Plan B) creating a voice command ("Alexa, leaving home") everytime
    doable???
    cheers

Kapowww, Sep 3, 2022
  2. Kapowww

Conformist

I can't remember if there's an ability to have a group address in C-Bus follow the armed/disarmed state or not. Haven't played with the DX16 for quite a few years.
    If there is, you could use this group state show up in homebridge and inn-turn, use this as your 'trigger'. Would test but I don't have a DX16 to play with.

Conformist, Sep 3, 2022
  3. Kapowww

Kapowww

In toolkit, Ness relay has pretty much no options. It’s very bare

Kapowww, Sep 3, 2022
  4. Kapowww

Conformist

The settings for this are in the Ness panel configuration, not in Toolkit. You will need to look at the configuration details for the DX16

Conformist, Sep 3, 2022
Ask a Question