Neo to DLT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Basil, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Basil

Basil

I have looked but can not seam to find the answer to this but I need to change an existing 8 gang neo to a new DLT do i delete the existing from the data base and network and then just install the new DLT

Thanks

Basil, Feb 18, 2006
  2. Basil

Phil.H

You don't 'need' to delete the NEO unit and it is probably a good idea not to in the first instance. Install the DLT unit on the network and program it up. The NEO in the database will help with two issues. 1. If you program the DLT as a new unit the unit address of the NEO will remain used. 2. You will probably want to set the DLT to the same or similar groups/functions as the neo, so having the neo in the database will help if your memory is like mine.

If you are going to use the NEO somewhere in the same network then just reporgram it's description and button functions. If you are going to remove the NEO from this network for good then you may as well delete it from the database so your database and network scans match.

Tip. If you are going to remove the NEO from the network for good, before removing it change it's unit address to 255 so when you intro it to a new installation it will not conflict with the unit address of a unit that already exists.

Hope this helps.

PS. A DLT v's an eight gang NEO,,, you will love not having to remember buttons !

Phil.H, Feb 18, 2006
  3. Basil

Basil

:D wow love it

All up and running scenes and all

Removing 8 gang neo for good so will re address as advised

Thanks for the help Now on to my first PAC :confused:

Basil, Feb 18, 2006
Ask a Question