NEO Scene Status Indicator Problem

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by mgedrych, Aug 9, 2008.

1. mgedrych

mgedrych

I've got all of my scenes defined in a B&W C-Touch. As well as being able to select the scenes from the C-Touch, they can also be selected from a NEO. On the NEO each button controls an empty scene that is linked to the C-Touch through a trigger.

When I select the scene from the C-Touch, the status indicator LEDs on the NEO work as expected - the dual-status LED for the selected scene comes on (orange) and the dual-status LEDs on the other scene buttons go off (blue).

But when I press a button on the NEO, the indicator LED comes on (orange) only briefly. It's on for about a second, but then it goes off again (blue), just as the lights in the scene are being set to their levels.

Strangely, if I then re-select the same scene on the NEO, the indicator LED comes on and stays on.

Why doesn't the indicator LED stay on when I choose a scene on the NEO? It's as though the C-Touch is sending a scene broken telegram as it changes the light levels, or that the NEO itself is deciding that the scene is broken.

mgedrych, Aug 9, 2008
  2. mgedrych

Mark

B&W C-Touch Scene Breaking

Hi Mgedrych,

Could you please try changing the "Use Indicator Kill for showing Scene Status" tick box on the "C-Bus Options" page of the PICED Project Details Wizard and let us know if it fixes it?

Selecting this option makes the C-Touch work exactly the same as a key unit when Setting/Breaking Scenes, although it should be compatible in either mode...

Cheers,
    Mark.

Mark, Aug 11, 2008
  3. mgedrych

ashleigh Moderator

Its quite possible that the indicators are going out because the scenes do no share a common trigger group.

ashleigh, Aug 11, 2008
  4. mgedrych

mgedrych

I maybe didn't make it clear that when I press the key on the NEO it does make the lights go to the levels defined by the scene in the C-Touch.

I'm assuming this proves that the NEO is using the same trigger group and event as the scene in the C-Touch. Or am I missing something?

mgedrych, Aug 11, 2008
  5. mgedrych

mgedrych

OK, thanks. I'll give that a go.

mgedrych, Aug 11, 2008
  6. mgedrych

ashleigh Moderator

ashleigh, Aug 12, 2008
  7. mgedrych

mgedrych

The tick box was off. I turned it on, and it now works perfectly.

Many thanks for solving this for me. I now have a happy customer!

mgedrych, Aug 16, 2008
Ask a Question