Need Scenes Help!! :(

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by KAJSER, Dec 24, 2016.

1. KAJSER

KAJSER

Hi guys,

I currently have 6 Scenes setup on a DLT unit in my hallway. I'm currently struggling to see how I can have multiple different scenes separate 'scene areas' on one DLT. Here's an example of my problem:

I want to be able to turn on and off the following scenes from one Saturn DLT unit, I've displayed how i want the unit screen to look and function below:

Button 1 = Garden Lights On
    Button 2 = Garden Lights Off
    Button 3 = Kitchen Lights On
    Button 4 = Kitchen Lights Off
    Button 5 = Dining Room Lights On
    Button 6 = Dining Room Lights Off

The problem I'm encountering is when I want to label the scenes there are only a maximum of 4 label variations for the scene category. How can I get around this? Furthermore, if I want to setup scenes on other DLT's the labels previously used remain as I have maxed out the variation limit.

On a separate note I would also like to know if it's possible to toggle scenes on/off with one button rather than having each function assigned to one button.

Any help is really appreciated. Please be advised that i'm new to this software and please list any help in very basic steps.

Many thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2016
    KAJSER, Dec 24, 2016
  2. KAJSER

NickD Moderator

If it's an original DLT (ie not an eDLT), then the scene functionality is a bit limited.

1) You only have one trigger group, so only one of the locally stored scenes can be "active" at any one time*
    2) You *can* toggle scenes, however, this is done by a separate "Scene Modifier" key, which only acts on the currently active scene. Creating separate on and off scenes as you have done is a way around this.

If you have an eDLT then the scenes are a bit more flexible and you can do what it sounds like what you want... you can have more than one trigger group and you can also toggle the scenes (as long as they are stored in that unit) from one key.

For the labelling, you don't want to use the "variants". If you have different scenes you should be able to label them all individually as long as you have assigned a trigger group and action selector to each (the label is applied to the action selector).

NickD, Jan 3, 2017
Ask a Question