Need a C-Bus certified electrician to look at my (fried) C-Bus installation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smashedpeas, Feb 24, 2015.

1. smashedpeas

smashedpeas

Hi I am the home owner of a house with a C-Bus system, I came home yesterday to find random lights on all over the house and none of the switches functioning. There was a pretty decent electrical storm during the day and I have also lost nearly all my networking gear and many other devices that were plugged into the mains are fried (visible burn marks around the plug pack in some cases).

Anyway my main concern is the cbus relays and dimmers, all but one of the relays has no C-Bus light and USB network interface doesn't seem to be functional ether so I cant access anything to see what's going on. I am still able to switch all the lights with the manual override switches on the units.

I want some one to come and have a look to a. replace any damaged units and b. asses the system and and see if this can be avoided in the future.

I programmed the system myself and have that all backed up but I don't know how to go about finding a good electrician. I don't want to deal with the original electrician he was good with conventional stuff but obviously out of his depth on the C-bus side.

Any advice would be much appreciated

smashedpeas, Feb 24, 2015
  2. smashedpeas

jaenschw

I use and highly recommend Ben from Core Electrical and Automation

http://www.coreelectrical.com.au

Very experienced electrician and he is a Cbus approved installer.

jaenschw, Feb 27, 2015
  3. smashedpeas

Matthew

Insurance claim?

If you've had a power surge go through and lost several items depending on your insurance coverage, you should be able to claim all these repairs. First step is through your insurer as usually they send their own trades to quote and repair.
    Also ensure you have a surge diverter installed at your switchboard on all your electrical circuits.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2015
    Matthew, Mar 7, 2015
Ask a Question