Need a 560011 audio distribution unit

Discussion in 'Multi-Room Audio (MRA) and MARPA' started by kojobomb, Jan 12, 2021.

1. kojobomb

kojobomb

Is there anyone anywhere with a 560011 Multi room audio distribution unit for sale?
    Does anyone have the schematics of the unit?
    Is it possible to build a clone?

I've just been given 7 x 560125R/2 amplifiers and I would like to wire up my new workshop facility with a single zone audio covering 4 zones and quite a long cable runs between amplifiers (approx 130m in total between all amplifiers).

I know this is probably bringing up old technology and should be laid to rest but I would like to intergrate it with existing switches and wiring already in place in my building and only distribute via cat6 if possible?
    Azar

kojobomb, Jan 12, 2021
  2. kojobomb

zei20t

keep an eye on ebay. a few months ago there was a load of cbus audio gear on there. only 1 desktop amp now.

random stuff shows up from time to time on there

zei20t, Jan 12, 2021
  3. kojobomb

kojobomb

Thanks but im almost stalking ebay and gumtree trying to find the illusive distribution unit, probably the only thing I havnt seen yet.
    Can anyone confirm if the local input (toslink or analog rca's) are transferred through digital out (piggyback) for passthrough?
    Azar

kojobomb, Jan 12, 2021
  4. kojobomb

Ashley

From memory the Toslink digital input is effectively in parallel with the digital zone input (you can only use one or the other). So if you stick a digital source into the toslink then daisy chain the zone output to the zone input of the next amp etc it should do what you want.

The analog inputs are for local sources only. They don't appear on the zone outputs.

Ashley, Jan 13, 2021
  5. kojobomb

kojobomb

Hi Ashley, thanks for the info, ive just tried with zero luck.
    It states in tool kit that the internal repeater power is not available till Amp firmware 2.00 and later, could this be a problem? Since all amps i have are either version 1.02 or 1.07.
    How can I update firmware and PCI firmware to the latest

kojobomb, Jan 13, 2021
  6. kojobomb

Conformist

I think I might have one of these in a drawer in the shed. I'll take a look. Not sure what they are worth tho

Conformist, Jan 14, 2021
  7. kojobomb

kojobomb

Always willing to work something out if you can come across one
    Azar

kojobomb, Jan 14, 2021
    Giddyup Dave. likes this.
  8. kojobomb

Giddyup Dave.

Hi there
    I have the audio matrix and two remote amps is good working order. In fact hardly used at all. No scratches or dings and they work perfectly fine .
    I inherited this hardware with the property I purchased . Happy to sell if u guys are still looking cheers
    Dave

Giddyup Dave., Aug 7, 2021
Ask a Question