My C-Bus Project - UK - Anyone interested?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glenajones, May 10, 2010.

1. glenajones

glenajones

Hi All,

I've been renovating an old house for a few years, i'm installing a complete cbus lighting system and i wonder if anyone would be interested in some pictures and notes on what i've been doing.

It's not complete yet but fingers crossed it will be in the next few weeks.

All the lighting circuits and extraction fans are wired back to the c-bus board so i can control all of these items. I'm using 2 x 12 channel relays, 1 x 8 channel dimmer and a pascal usb controller.

I've got 4 x DLT switches and and 6 x E2000 switches. 2 Outside PIR's and 3 internal PIRS (Kitchen, entrance hall and first floor landing)

It's the first time i've ever used C-Bus and i've had a small test setup working but now it's almost ready for real.

The first pic is before the board was mounted, and the second is the board at the moment.

If anyone is interested i'll keep you up to date with progress!

I'm sure i'll some questions for you all when i start programming!

Glen.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2010
    glenajones, May 10, 2010
  2. glenajones

Frank Mc Alinden

Hi Glen

Looks good , Is that purple cable profibus ???

Personally i like to see pics of peoples installs ,not sure what the official status of people posting pics here is maybe one of the moderators will chime in...
    Frank

Frank Mc Alinden, May 10, 2010
  3. glenajones

ashleigh Moderator

I personally don't see that posting photos is a problem. There is something I'd ask, though.

Please shrink the pictures down! A maximum of 800x600 (and 400x300 is even better). It makes the pics smaller, faster to load the web page, and easier to see w/o having to scroll around.

Picasa will do a shrink function (as will the microsoft office picture manager, and many other pieces of s/w as well).

ashleigh, May 11, 2010
  4. glenajones

glenajones

Thanks chaps, I've resized the pics, sorry!

Frank, the purple cable is Brand Rex Cat5e.

Glen

glenajones, May 11, 2010
  5. glenajones

Aaron

Hi Glen

Your miles ahead of me...:)

In true HA fashion my own home has been in 'construction' for about 4 years.
    most of my upstairs is complete, just (last six months) installing new stuff downstairs.:)

where in south wales are you - I'm near Abercrave, Swansea Valley?:confused:

Aaron, May 11, 2010
Ask a Question