My 100 unit Cbus and wiser II randomly faults.

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Waynedwyer, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Waynedwyer

Waynedwyer

I have a cbus system in my house which was installed over 20 years ago. Over the years several import units, relays, and dimmers have failed and been swapped out.

For the most part the c bus system works okay however every now and then some things don’t turn on when the command is sent via a input unit or wiser and other times things turn on when they should not.

I have swapped out all of the old type (pre-1998) power supplies about five years ago and replace them with the new/current power supplies.

Because I am at 100 units which is probably the maximum number of recommended units on any single system I wonder whether a network bridge would remedy this situation if I could put say 20 units on one side of the network bridge and the balance on the other.

A few months ago we did a renovation and took approximately six or eight units temporarily off the network for a few months . The c bus system appeared to run with more reliability and possibly marginally quicker without these six or eight units.

Please help me I am after any suggestions.

Waynedwyer, Feb 9, 2019
  2. Waynedwyer

Ashley

Check if you have a burden enabled or a hardware burden installed. With that many units you don't need one. The burden is usually only enable on unit 1, but if you have any touch screens/wisers/pci etc check all of those too.

Ashley, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Waynedwyer

Waynedwyer

Thank you for your speedy reply and comments.

I checked the network burdens several years ago and you are right I do not need one and have not got one. I do not have any touchscreens or any other smart devices on the network except for the wiser II

Waynedwyer, Feb 9, 2019
Ask a Question