Mutliple connections to CNI fail

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by ramon, Oct 19, 2005.

1. ramon

ramon

I've tried to setup c-gate running on two servers simulatneously, however when the second network attempts to connect a -
    "Can't open: C-Bus interface (port failure (Connection refused)): 192.168.0.111:14001"
    error is returned. I'm assuming this is by design - does anyone know if this is a licensing restriction or is it just that the CNI can only handle a single socket connection at one time.

Is there a workaround?

ramon, Oct 19, 2005
  2. ramon

Duncan

No workaround..

Can I ask why you're trying to have two instances of C-Gate connect to the same Network?

Duncan, Oct 19, 2005
  3. ramon

Richo

Install a second CNI. But like Duncan I'm curious as to why you want to run 2 c-gate servers. Redundancy?

Richo, Oct 19, 2005
  4. ramon

Newman

"Give me a ping Vasily, one ping only please"

A CNI can only have a single socket connection made to it at any given time. If you want to have multiple access to a single network then you will need multiple CNI's.

Newman, Oct 19, 2005
  5. ramon

ramon

thanks... when we support c-bus systems, particularly remotely, we often have no visibility or access to any c-gate server(s) operating on the local network... this impairs our abilty to utilise our own c-gate server instance for diagnosis/configuration purposes.... further security at some sites allows the CNI socket connection through the firewall, however doesn't allow the UI (TCP 200xx) ports.

ramon, Oct 20, 2005
Ask a Question