Multisensors and DALI gateways

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ianr, May 25, 2006.

1. Ianr

Ianr

Hi, I am trying to fire out commands via a C-Bus DALI gateway to DALI light fittings in a classroom with progressive dimming in response to ambient light levels.

To this end I have installed multi sensors and my original line of thinking was to store the scenes for the classroom I want to dim in the multi sensor in the classroom next door and utilise the multisensor (light level) in the actual classroom to trigger the scene according to the light level in the classroom.

However if my understanding is correct I will be using the Application "Trigger Control" to achieve this (setting % levels to activate scenes). When the scenes activate I want them to send the commands out over Application 95 (to the DALI gateway and then through to the light fittings). Is it possible to do this as it looks like the multisensor will only handle one Application level. If it was capable I was also going to utilise the PIR to send out a group command on the application the other C-Bus units are on and the BMS

Ianr, May 25, 2006
  2. Ianr

Newman

The Multisensor supports 1 application only. That means that if you're using the Multisensors to trigger Scenes then you'll have to store the Scenes in some other unit, e.g. PAC or C-Touch.

Newman, May 25, 2006
  3. Ianr

Ianr

Thanks Newman,

I will look at either a PAC or a BMS option.

Ianr, May 25, 2006
Ask a Question