Multisensor/PIR

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by dimmerguy, Nov 15, 2004.

1. dimmerguy

dimmerguy

Has anybody worked out how to stop the internal timer running as soon as the PIR is disabled. I am using a large quantity on a job to just turn off the lights in meeting rooms, when they are unoccupied. The key input panel in the meeting room is to have a PIR disable button, which will allow the current lighting state to remain, even though no movement is detected.

dimmerguy, Nov 15, 2004
  2. dimmerguy

qun

As far as I know the internal timer is still running as soon as the PIR is disabled. but there is a way to stop it by programming an Off scene on the same Multisensor which contains same groups as the PIR controls. you can use the handheld remote control to disable PIR first and then launch the off scene. If using the key input panel to do the same job, two panels are required because of the application issue. disabling PIR is lighting application and remote control a scene is control application. I hope it helps.

qun, Nov 15, 2004
  3. dimmerguy

UncleDick

How about a key that diables the PIR (and Newman I agree with Qun the timer continues to time out) and also is set as a retrig timer to the same GA as the PIR but with IDLE as the expiry command, then you turn it off with a long press. Not sure if it will work and I don't have a set up to hand to try it out, but fool around with something along those lines and see what you can come up with.

UncleDick, Nov 15, 2004
  4. dimmerguy

Newman

Good idea UncleDick. You just need to make sure that the PIR disable actually sends out an ON command onto the network when the PIR units are disabled so that the timer in the PIR is stopped.

More thought -> If you set up your PIR disable key so that the microfunctions are IDLE ONKEY OFFKEY IDLE on key 1 and key 1 is mapped to blocks 1 and 2 of the key unit, block 1 being the PIR disable group and block 2 being the group for the load you're controlling then I think you should be alright. A short press will disable and a Long Press will enable the PIR. Set up your PIR so that they are disabled when the group address is turned On. In fact there's no reason why you couldn't use blocks 3 and 4 for an additional 2 room lighting group addresses either. Your long-press will still re-enable the PIRs because of the OFFKEY function.

The loads will remain unchanged when you disable the PIR in this way. The only downside of this arangement that I can see is that re-enabling the PIRs will turn off the loads controlled by the PIR until triggered again by a PIR.

Another option would be to use the OR logic in the output unit. Disable the PIR by turning the PIR enable/disable group from the key input unit On. Have this same group address set up with OR logic in the output units in that area so that when the PIR times out and turns off its group address the PIR disable group being OR'd with the outputs keeps the loads turned On.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2004
    Newman, Nov 15, 2004
  5. dimmerguy

Newman

Previous post edited, I made a boo boo.

Newman, Nov 19, 2004
Ask a Question