Multisensor Light Level

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Doug, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Doug

Doug

Hi there all.

I was wondering if anyone can help me with the light level function of the multisensor.
    I have read the other posts regarding the multisensor and the links provided but I need a bit of specific advice on the light level function. All I need is for the multisensor, (light level function), to control a bank of lights so that when the natural light level falls below the threshold the lights will turn on to bring the light in the room back up to the threshold. Is there anyone who could tell me how to program the unit to just control one group address please?

Regards

Doug

Doug, Jul 25, 2005
  2. Doug

Newman

Doug

There are 2 ways this can be done.

1) Using Bank Switching
    Go to the Bank Switching tab on the UI and enable the Bank Switching feature for 1 Group Address. If you use one of the last Banks then you can guarantee that all your PIR functions will be unaffected. Make sure that the "On" radio button is selected. Then simply set the lux range that you want the load to be turned On for. e.g. If you want the Group Address to be turned on when the light level is below 500 lux then set the Low Lux Level to 0 and the High Lux Level to 500 lux. The Group will now be turned On when the measured light level is in this range.

2) Using the Sunset Function
    Select your Group Address to use with the Sunset Function (default is Virtual Key 3). Set the target light level in the unit to the level at which you want the Group Address to turn On. Set your Timer to 0, otherwise your Group Address will be turning Off by itself some time after it turns On (default is 5 minutes).

The biggest difference between the two methods is that the Sunset function turns on the Group Address when it drops below the level as set by the Light Level Target whereas the Bank Switching feature allows independent control of the turn-on thresholds.

Attached Files:

Newman, Jul 25, 2005
  3. Doug

Doug

Cheers Newman thanks for the help I appreciate it.

Doug

Doug, Jul 27, 2005
  4. Doug

Doug

Another Question

Newman

Thanks for the info last time it worked a treat. Just one more though. What I am trying to achieve now is to be able to use a key input to turn on or off the group address for the living room group of lights but not let them turn on if the light level is above the threshold set by the light level sensor. However I want it so if I have turned it on the lights will only come on to bring up the lux level in the room to the threshold. Is there and enable function on the multisensor that can allow you to do this?

Doug

Doug, Aug 3, 2005
Ask a Question