Multisenor I dont think I understand :(

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by mikegriff, Feb 11, 2006.

1. mikegriff

mikegriff

This emails for NEWMAN really
    I Have now got my Multisensor working but the settings don't make any sense to me!!!
    could you check out my Cbus Toolkit and look at my Multisensor settings
    All I'm trying to do is turn the lights on in my bathroom when there is movement
    I've achieved this with total disrigard to your hits and howto's in this forum
    either I have a faulty SENPILL or I need a holiday!!!
    I tried to do this via Private mail but I couldnt put an attachment an the PM
    By the way the Bathfan is the only one which doesnt work!!
    Thanks in advance
    Mike

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2006
    mikegriff, Feb 11, 2006
  2. mikegriff

Newman

Mike

All you want to do is have the BathFan, BATHMainLights, BATHBathLights, BATHHotSpringsTop, BATHHotSpringsBottom, BATHToiletLights and BATHSlateLights all come on when someone enters the room, regardless of light level, right? And then turn themselves off some time later right?

Then try this. Works for me on my bench anyway. Really simple:
    • Light Level Tab - Set the Target light level to maximum
    • Occupancy Tab - Assign the Dark & Movement to Key 1. Make sure all other check boxes are cleared.
    • Blocks Tab - Assign all the blocks/groups that you want to control to Key 1. Make sure all other check boxes are cleared. Make sure your Timer Expiry commands are all set to Off Key or Ramp Off and that your timer intervals for each block/group are set.
    It's worth checking all your other tabs to make sure that LL Broadcasting, Corridor Linking, Light Level Maintenance etc are all turned off. You can leave the pots disabled, it's a safe option.

To describe what this is doing, we set the light level really high, so that the sensor is always in the "dark" state. Every time the unit detects movement it "presses" virtual key 1. All the group addresses that are linked to virtual key 1 will turn on and run their timers.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2006
    Newman, Feb 22, 2006
  3. mikegriff

mikegriff

I need to look at this further
    It was sunny over the wekend and for the brightest part of the day the bathroom worked as expected
    Could I have a faulty sensor do you think?
    Mike

mikegriff, Feb 28, 2006
  4. mikegriff

Newman

If it worked as expected when it was sunny then try setting your Target Lux Level to 0. That will make the unit always think that it's sunny.

Newman, Feb 28, 2006
  5. mikegriff

mikegriff

Hmmmmm
    Installing Toolkit 1.3 seems to have fixed all the problems
    thanks for your help -- and Toolkit 1.3 :)
    Mike

mikegriff, Apr 6, 2006
Ask a Question