Multiroom Request

Discussion in 'Multi-Room Audio (MRA) and MARPA' started by Nathan, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Nathan

Nathan

This might be a big ask but can you have an enable for high priority broadcast selectable to individual amps. As I would like to use the door bell feature etc but all of my jobs have external speakers and it may annoy neighbours with the broadcast on all speakers:)

Nathan, Sep 12, 2007
  2. Nathan

RatDeSewer

Hi Nathan,

If you look in the Toolkit options for the MRA amplifiers under the Audio Levels tab, you will see some high priority options. One of these is to Process High priority commands. Deselect this one if you want the amp to ignore the high priority request.

Cheers

RDS

RatDeSewer, Sep 19, 2007
  3. Nathan

Nathan

Thanks for the help. Can you also build me a rack mount 4 channel version that has a serial interface for RTI control so we dont have to keep stacking the ugly amps. Not putting **** on the design but most Mutiroom works best at a central location rather than a mystery hunt to fault find the problomatic amp not to mention the cabling nightmare for this configuration. Anyway I hope I some CIS engineers attention. we are still having lockups with sites that dont get used much with DLTs and amps that require a full power down of matrix and all amps is this a known fault???
    Thanks for your help rat I owe you a beer

Cheers

Nathan, Sep 25, 2007
  4. Nathan

RatDeSewer

Hi Nathan,

Glad that helped. As for the racked amps, nothing on the horizon. There are some advantages in having remote amps - remote controls (desktop amps) and reticulated IR is easy - it all goes over the cat5 so there should be fewer cables, and the signal should be less prone to picking up interference. It was a marketing decision.

Regarding lockups of the matrix switcher, can you pass on the firmware version please (startup screen). You could try a mains filter for the matrix switcher if it is really troublesome.

Cheers

RDS

RatDeSewer, Oct 2, 2007
  5. Nathan

Nathan

The firware version is 1.03. The marketing guys make all the good choices. Anyway Rat seems like you have some inside knowledge have you had any lockups (ie no source control unless full power down is done) apart from what ive had along with the one other that uses this forum that also had similar problems?

Nathan, Oct 2, 2007
  6. Nathan

RatDeSewer

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for that. The firmware version is the latest for the Australian release.

As for the locking up, CIS has had an MRA system running for several months with no problems. I suggested a power supply filter as a poor mains supply may cause problems with surges or dips. In early trials CIS had one system fail in an apartment block with 5 systems installed. This was fixed by re-routing all cables away from mains cables switching heavy loads (air-con). If the problem persists please talk to tech support, there may be something wrong with your unit.

Cheers

RDS

RatDeSewer, Oct 3, 2007
  7. Nathan

Otters

Hey Nathan, I have a question, what telstra approved telephone interface do yo use to tell when the phone is ringing so you can mute the MRA? I have being lookling for one for a while? :)

Otters, Dec 6, 2007
  8. Nathan

Otters

I also forgot, I too are haveing the same problems with MRA sites locking up and needing a restart (just for the record)

Otters, Dec 6, 2007
  9. Nathan

Nathan

Cis Take Note Of These Posts
    I To Have Emailed Tech Support No Response
    If There Are Known Issues Let Us Know
    We All Seem To Be Having Lock Up Problems
    I Shouldnt Have To Add To My Manuals
    If The Multiroom Locks Up
    Turn Power Off At The Rack To Reset A Unknown Problem

Nathan, Dec 13, 2007
Ask a Question