Multiroom Lockups

Discussion in 'Multi-Room Audio (MRA) and MARPA' started by Nathan, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Nathan

Nathan

Has anyone been having any problems with the multiroom audio system.

I have had several jobs with issues. Two of the jobs have 7 amps alll with PS and if the systemis not used for over a week the DLTs and the touch screen wont change the next source. It requires a power down of the matrix and the amp ps. Before the source will change from the next bell press or the absulote value. I havent tried the new marpa yet but was this a bug in the original version. Some more details on what was fixed in the update would be handy.

Nathan, Sep 12, 2007
  2. Nathan

Mr Mark

Hello Nathan.

We have experienced the same thing when the site was not used for a length of time - as you say the only way we could fix this was to power down everything, let it sit for a moment then power it back up.

The worst one we had was when the customer moved the matrix switcher and the power lead came loose. Power was on/off/on/off a few times in quick succession. This bogged down the whole network - turn on a light via a switch and the light came on about two minutes later and couldn't access the network via toolkit. We had to power down the C-Bus, amps etc, wait five minutes and start again.

The first site has new owners who live there full time and the other owner now turns the switcher off before moving it then checks all his connections before powering up again. All is good these days.

BTW: both these sites were programmed with the initial release of MARPA so these issues may have been addressed by later releases.

Mark

Mr Mark, Sep 12, 2007
  3. Nathan

Brianman

Multiroom LockingUp

Hi All
    We have found this always happens after a power failure or a dip in supply we have remedied this by connecting the Audio Matrix Switcher to a UPS.

Brianman, Nov 19, 2007
  4. Nathan

Maurits Roos

All my MRA sites do this, for no apparent reason a zone will lock up. Another fix for this I have found is to press the button on the matrix for the particular zone a couple of times to manually change the source from the matrix this appears to kick it back into life

Does any one know if verson 2 firm ware has fixed this

Maurits Roos, Dec 12, 2007
  5. Nathan

Nathan

Ive been testing several of our mutiroom projects

There are big issues with these still locking up.

Can someone please let us know if they are aware of these issues before I send the 12 systems back.

Nathan, Dec 13, 2007
  6. Nathan

Michael

Investigation

This issue is currently under investigation.

Should anyone have any further information relating to the above issues, please contact Technical Support on 1300 722 247 or email details to [email protected]

Cheers

Michael, Jan 24, 2008
Ask a Question