Multiple switching with key inputs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Murphgyver, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Murphgyver

Murphgyver

Which is th best way to control two group addresses with one key input?

What i am trying to acheive is to switch on say two of my heat lamps on my tastic 4 heat lamp with one switch and then with another press energise the remaining two lamps which are on a different G.A

I have the key input working now as a dimmer and when at 100% all 4 lamps come on 50% and under 2 lamps are on 0% both are off

there must be an easier waythan this though eh... am i just a dumbass? probably

Thanks Murphgyver

Murphgyver, Nov 10, 2010
  2. Murphgyver

tobex

So you have Fan, Light, pair of heaters and pair of heaters.

Which of these come on together and which are only switched one at a time ?

For example: Do you use a PIR to control the fan ? I gave up on light and fan switches in toilet, bathroom and laundry. I can almost never find an reason to reach over and control these myself. I use the light switch to POWER OFF during globe replacement and the LED to confirm it is running. The PIR controls the fan and the light 99% of the time.

The heater function I assume can also be controlled by a thermostat some place in the house. If the temp falls below a certain level you can default two heaters to come on. Then use a manual switch to power up the extra 2 units AND the original 2.

So if you have a PIR and light sensor and thermostat you can determine that on a cold dark night the heaters come on automatically as soon as someone enters and stays on for a minute. Then if you need extra you power up both heater channels for on/off. With optional timer control for heater auto-off (apparently teenagers do not know that heating costs money).

The main switch can be used to see what is running. I would still have 4 buttons myself. Just to know what is running. Or you can use a DLT with a nice LCD screen.

When you run a schedule logic through a PACA or Touch screen then you can make "Power levels" match the time of day. So if you go to the bathroom at 3am it can power up at 40% instead of 100%. In winter it also powers up heating at a value with the 40% lights.

You can also use relays on your alarm panel with a Bus Coupler to operate as PIR for C-Bus.

PLAN B:
    -------
    I think it is possible to make it step through a middle logic. Off - Logic 1 - Logic 2 - Off. Anyone know this trick ?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2010
    tobex, Nov 10, 2010
  3. Murphgyver

Murphgyver

A the minute i have a 4 gang key input and its set up like this..

top left, light

top right, vanity d lts

bottom left, fan and shower recess d lt

bottom right, heat 1 and heat 2 hopefully

whats the logic code for the one two touch sounds like the ticket

Cheers

Murphgyver, Nov 10, 2010
Ask a Question