Multiple PCI's on 1 network

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by ltlbigchief, Aug 30, 2008.

1. ltlbigchief

ltlbigchief

Hi guys,

Just wondering, are there any issues with having 3 PCIs on the same network?
    Why....... I have 3 automation controllers that need a PCI each, to keep track of lighting states or control them. And since adding the 3rd PCI, one of the PCIs keeps locking up, ie. it stops seeing CBus information, I can see the other 2 PCIs react to say a button press on a switch, but this one just seems to stop. I can fix it by disconnecting and reconnecting the CBus network, but then after a while it does it again. It can't be faulty, because if I swap it for one of the others the same thing happens to it's replacement???????

Thanks
    Darren

ltlbigchief, Aug 30, 2008
  2. ltlbigchief

ashleigh Moderator

There should be no problems.

Things to check:

- make sure you don't have too many burdens. If you turn on the burdens in all 3 PCIs that would be too many. Enable burden in only one, or turn them all off an use a burden in some other unit, or a plug-in physical burden.

- make sure you don't have more than 3 clock generators enabled

- check your wiring

It is normal and routine to have many, many PCI's on a single network. 10's or more can be and are done in some sites (even if the site installer does not realise it) but thats a story for another day!

ashleigh, Aug 31, 2008
  3. ltlbigchief

ltlbigchief

Thanks ashleigh, when I get back the site, I'll try your suggestions.

Thank you!

:D :D :D

ltlbigchief, Aug 31, 2008
  4. ltlbigchief

brodricj

I'm interested in why you have 3 automation controllers on the one network, and what they are, and what you've got them doing...

brodricj, Aug 31, 2008
  5. ltlbigchief

ltlbigchief

It's for a showroom, to display some of our control products. So thers is an AMX controller, a Pronto (serial extender) controller and HAL HELIX, that need to control the CBus lights and also receive feedback.

ltlbigchief, Sep 1, 2008
Ask a Question